Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What if Jarvis Jones does drop??

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What if Jarvis Jones does drop??

I know it is crazy but every year we see something crazy happen in the draft. Right now ESPN Scouts Inc. has dropped him to 20th overall in their rankings. That is insane. He is the best immediate return defensive player in this draft. You can not deny his production in the best conference in all of college football. Played in a 3-4 defense. I can't see him getting past Cleveland at 6 (they are moving to a 3-4), but who knows?

85 tackles, 52 solo, 24.5 tackles for loss, 14.5 sacks, and 7 FF's.

This is a play maker. And if you have watched him play you know teams tried to stay away from him or double him on passing downs. Teams will have to account for him on every play. Could you imagine what an opposing team will have to do if Troy is healthy and Jarvis Jones is on the field with him?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Would this spell the end for JH?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I know it is crazy but every year we see something crazy happen in the draft. Right now ESPN Scouts Inc. has dropped him to 20th overall in their rankings. That is insane. He is the best immediate return defensive player in this draft. You can not deny his production in the best conference in all of college football. Played in a 3-4 defense. I can't see him getting past Cleveland at 6 (they are moving to a 3-4), but who knows?

85 tackles, 52 solo, 24.5 tackles for loss, 14.5 sacks, and 7 FF's.

This is a play maker. And if you have watched him play you know teams tried to stay away from him or double him on passing downs. Teams will have to account for him on every play. Could you imagine what an opposing team will have to do if Troy is healthy and Jarvis Jones is on the field with him?
    He is a hell of a football player...But if I had my choice.

Your guy will be 24 during the season = Last year at 23 / 85 tackles, 52 solo, 24.5 tackles for loss, 14.5 sacks, and 7 FF's.

My guy will be 21 during the season = Last year at 20 / 85 tackles, 57 solo, 21 tackles for loss, 12.5 sacks, and 1 FF's.

Year before playing OLB at 19 / 72 tackles, 41 solo, 17.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, and 4 FF's.

I'm taking D Moore over Jones.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Would this spell the end for JH?
    Hope so. UIt wouldhelp our cap situation immensely versus hoping for "just one more"
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post

Your guy will be 24 during the season = Last year at 23 / 85 tackles, 52 solo, 24.5 tackles for loss, 14.5 sacks, and 7 FF's.

My guy will be 21 during the season = Last year at 20 / 85 tackles, 57 solo, 21 tackles for loss, 12.5 sacks, and 1 FF's.

Year before playing OLB at 19 / 72 tackles, 41 solo, 17.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, and 4 FF's.

I laugh how people want to make a big deal about Jones' age and then worships Harrison who didn't start until he was like 29. Seems to me we aould be getting a 5 year better deal with Jones.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If both Moore and Jones are available, out of the two I would select Jones. Jones is more likely to be taken by the time we pick, if so, I'm taking BPA and it won't be moore.

Backup

User Info Menu

The good news is that there are two players of this caliber on the board in this draft. The Steeler D is always very good at keeping things in front of them and being stingy with the yards allowed, but hasn't had a reliable disruptive force of the caliber of a healthy Troy or JH recently. We pick high enough that EITHER Damontre Moore OR Jarvis Jones could fall to us... and either one would be a huge get.

I don't think drafting a pass rusher precludes keeping Harrison, either. The Steelers have always kept the quality of the onfield product consistently high by NOT handing jobs to rookies. They are very good at having at least decent NFL starters around to make the rook earn it... Justin Hartwig with Maurkice Pouncey. Aaron Smith with Ziggy Hood. Larry Foote with Lawrence Timmons. Cedric Wilson with Santonio Holmes. Outside of Smitty nobody's confusing those guys with HOF talent, but they were all solid vets, and the rookies had to come in and force them out to pasture. I could see James serving that role, and also being a BEAST in limited time in pass rush opportunities on fresh legs and late in the season with extra depth to spell him.

Plus, the extra rush backer would provide insurance at the most important position on the team excepting quarterback in case Lamar Woodley or Jason Worilds sprain another ovary in training camp.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Moore didn't run & bench at the combine he would still be in the Top 5-10 talk where his tape placed him. Jones didn't do anything at the combine and his stock stays level. We will see how Moore does at his Pro-day. If I had to pick between Jones & Moore I would pick Moore and not look back. He would be my BPA and that won't change unless he flops at his proday. If Moore is gone and Jones is there...Then I would pick Jones.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 03-01-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post

I like Moore too, however Jones plays right away....and Moore?? when does he see the field? 2014? When does he become a starter? 2015?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I like Moore too, however Jones plays right away....and Moore?? when does he see the field? 2014? When does he become a starter? 2015?
    IF you are plug and play with Jones you have no argument not to plug & play Moore. Moore played OLB when he was 19 and was very successful. Jones is a two year starter just like Moore. So if you project Moore 2014-2015 that's fine. He will be 22-23. Jones will be 26 when he first starts. Can't go there Dub.