Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ryan Clark comments on Tom Brady

Legend

User Info Menu

I see nothing wrong with what Clark said.

1. NOTHING Clark says is going to make the Pats* play any harder against us.
    It's just if they beat us, it will look like Clark's comments fueled some kind of extra effort for us. But who cares.

2. What Clark said is dead-on accurate.
    When Brady has time to throw, there's no one in the league who does it better. Short, medium and even the long ball - Brady is the best in the business.

BUT Brady does have a weakness in his game and Clark summed it up well. When that clock goes off in his head that ball should be out, Brady starts looking for an out. He sees ghosts. And often at the slightest hint of pressure, he goes down like a girl in the fetal position. That has served Brady well in protecting his body and lucky for him, that kind of pressure hasn't come all that often (except in the playoffs and recent super bowls).

With Ben, you have a guy who can miraculously escape pressure and make huge throws on the run under tremendous pressure. And he has the ability to play with tons of injuries. It's lead him to 2 rings. But it's all taken a toll on his body.

With Brady, you have a guy that makes great throws when he has time but will protect his body at any hint of pressure. That (and cheating) got him 3 rings. But that weakness may have cost him 2 rings.

Rookie

User Info Menu

ughhh guyyys, he is interning for espn right now to get a future gig after he decides to retire. its not like he came out of nowhere and said tom brady is bad or acts scared. He was asked on ESPN how to stop brady and RG3 and all he said was what they did as a defense to slow those players down. Seeing as last year he played rg3 and brady in which the steelers won both of those games, id say his assesment of them is pretty accurate. He knows exactly what hes talking about. Everything he said was truthful and has factual evidence to back it up. Doesnt sound like calling people out to me.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wizzle32 View Post
    Seeing as last year he played rg3 and brady in which the steelers won both of those games, id say his assesment of them is pretty accurate.
    Tom Brady plays for the Patriots. The Patriots and the Steelers didn't play each other in 2012.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really don't care what negatives he might say about the character of Brady, Bellicheat, owner, team because to me, they have shown they have no character or proffesionalism. They've shown what bastards they really are and that they have been cheating for years. They're a good team that cheats and it helped them to get over the top. Clark said nothing wrong but to me, it just sounded like he personally knows or has personally stopped Brady at his game and it just isn't so. Maybe I imagined it because I just don't like when players call out teammates and Clark just seems like he has too much to say all the time. To me, Clark is the kind of guy that can have everything go his way, get all the dollars, wins, praise but if one thing goes against him, everyone is on his hit list and you'll hear about it. If Clark went to another team tomorrow, you can bet he would bad mouth the Steelers, the fans and some of his teammates.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Tom Brady plays for the Patriots. The Patriots and the Steelers didn't play each other in 2012.
    lol I meant to put " seeing as last year he played RG3 and brady in 2011 which the steelers won both of those games" my bad man.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wizzle32 View Post
    lol I meant to put " seeing as last year he played RG3 and brady in 2011 which the steelers won both of those games" my bad man.
    No problemo - what's in my head and what gets posted are often very different for me, too.

And I certainly understand the desire to inflate the importance of that win over Brady - there haven't been all that many to point at.

Rookie

User Info Menu

And I certainly understand the desire to inflate the importance of that win over Brady - there haven't been all that many to point at.
    No inflation....it's just the last time they played each other...far more indicative of what's going on than travelling in the wayback machine to 2002...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    No inflation....it's just the last time they played each other...far more indicative of what's going on than travelling in the wayback machine to 2002...
    100% agree - just hoping to stir up a little discussion. This is a very boring time of year sports-wise - I don't care about pro basketball at all, and this year's hockey lockout turned me off to that sport for a while (though it's nice to see the Bruins and Penguins deep in the playoffs).

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't care about pro basketball at all, and this year's hockey lockout turned me off to that sport for a while (though it's nice to see the Bruins and Penguins deep in the playoffs).
    that sure was a heckuva nice Game 7 comeback 7 win the Bruins pulled off!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha