Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now Ike Taylor...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Cortez Allen will be better than Ike T. And Brown should be ok in the slot.
    You must have a much lower opinion of Ike than I do.

I guess we will find out in the next three weeks when Cortez mans up on Malcolm Floyd, Dez Bryant, and AJ Green for most of the game. Oh wait, Allen will not receive that assignment? So I guess we will not find out if he can be better.

That being said, I think that Allen was very impressive, despite the phantom PI call.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Cortez Allen will be better than Ike T. And Brown should be ok in the slot.
    I agree he can be better, but isn't right now. Kid has huge upside!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    Not to say I am happy about Ike getting hurt, but I like that our young guys will get thrown in the fire and get some real game experience. Jason Worilds, Keenan Lewis, Jonathan Dwyer these guys finally start to get enough real game time and adjust to game speed they seem to be stepping up and making plays.
    I feel the same way... these young guys will make a few mistakes but they are much better at playing the ball... these young guys look good IMO.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Allen was not intimidated and recovered nicely after giving up the TD (which was a flatout great play on Boldin's part)...

If he can make 5 tackles and 3 passes defensed on a vet like Boldin, I'm not particularly worried about Floyd, Green or anyone else...he'll have a week of preparation in the defense as the starting CB...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Allen was not intimidated and recovered nicely after giving up the TD (which was a flatout great play on Boldin's part)...

If he can make 5 tackles and 3 passes defensed on a vet like Boldin, I'm not particularly worried about Floyd, Green or anyone else...he'll have a week of preparation in the defense as the starting CB...
    I hope your right but umm GReen is a whole other level.. (thats the one we really cant afford to lose especially if The colts keep pace)

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chiken View Post
    I hope your right but umm GReen is a whole other level.. (thats the one we really cant afford to lose especially if The colts keep pace)
    We were rolling the coverage over to Torrey Smith, leaving Allen one-on-one with Boldin in may situations...every CB gets beaten, but Allen more than held his own...enough that Boldin didn't beat us...

With AJ Green, any CB covering him will most definitely have help...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chiken View Post
    Yeah, Green already has over 1100 yards receiving and 10 TD's, and the season is only at the three-quarter pole (he had TD's in 9 straight games this season). The only person to even come close to containing him was Ike (1-8-1).

And Dez has exploded over the last month or so. 6-98-2 last night, 8-145-2 the week before that, 12-145-1 the week before that.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, Green already has over 1100 yards receiving and 10 TD's, and the season is only at the three-quarter pole (he had TD's in 9 straight games this season). The only person to even come close to containing him was Ike (1-8-1).

And Dez has exploded over the last month or so. 6-98-2 last night, 8-145-2 the week before that, 12-145-1 the week before that.
    Ike had help with Greene the last game... I believe he was doubled and they rolled coverage his direction. If we do the same thing and we should have the same result.

Legend

User Info Menu

Very comfortable with the DBs against teams with only one great WR. LeBeau can come up with a plan for that. But if a team has two great ones, that is when things get dicey. Fortunately, I don't see a team on the remaining schedule that might be a problem.
    BTW, I agree that Carnell Lake's presence has definitely been a huge factor for the CBs. It seemed the Steelers were making no progress developing new ones until Lake showed up. One "project" I am closely watching for the future is Van Dyke. Given his raw physical talents and Carnell's tutelage, he could end up being Ike Taylor's replacement in a few years. It will be real interesting after Oakland basically gave up on the guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Very comfortable with the DBs against teams with only one great WR. LeBeau can come up with a plan for that. But if a team has two great ones, that is when things get dicey. Fortunately, I don't see a team on the remaining schedule that might be a problem.
    BTW, I agree that Carnell Lake's presence has definitely been a huge factor for the CBs. It seemed the Steelers were making no progress developing new ones until Lake showed up. One "project" I am closely watching for the future is Van Dyke. Given his raw physical talents and Carnell's tutelage, he could end up being Ike Taylor's replacement in a few years. It will be real interesting after Oakland basically gave up on the guy.
    I have no clue what Carnell is doing, but the young corner I really liked was Victorian.