Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dwyer has turf toe, no joking matter

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What I remember is that Lambert dislocated his big toe. That is a far more significant injury than "turf toe". I think, especially back in the day when the NFL played most of its games on artificial turf, many if not most backs experienced "turf toe". So, yes this is a concern but I don't think this is necessarily a career ending threat, unless this turns into a never-ending litany of problems for Dwyer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    What I remember is that Lambert dislocated his big toe. That is a far more significant injury than "turf toe". I think, especially back in the day when the NFL played most of its games on artificial turf, many if not most backs experienced "turf toe". So, yes this is a concern but I don't think this is necessarily a career ending threat, unless this turns into a never-ending litany of problems for Dwyer.
    There has been 30 more years of medical knowledge in how to deal with these types of injuries. I'm sure if Lambert was playing today the way he would be treated would be completely different from the early 1980's.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    that's because Dwyer's running style makes him conducive to injuries...
    "Dwyer's running style makes him conducive to injuries" ?? How so??? Or is this simply a response to loydroid's comments on Redman?

Regardless, this is really bad news. Just when he seems to be warming up to some big things. Yeah, improving game by game, play by play.

TS now might be in a bad situation now[actually good bad] with RM just about ready. Going from a thin RB situation to a now possible overload. Really was looking forward to seeing how the run game worked against the Raiders. More than likely Mendy would not have played giving him two more weeks to get 100%. But if Dwyer cannot light things up because of this freaking injury then that is really some doggone bad news.

What I am saying is screw those not impressive run stats up to now, those could change drastically in an instant. But now, it does not look or sound so good.
    This was the 1st I heard about this toe. I was hoping that maybe it was the coach blowing some smoke to the Raiders. But I guess not. From today's PG.
    Injury updates
    Those who did not practice Wednesday: running back Jonathan Dwyer (toe), offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert (groin), linebacker James Harrison (knee), tight end Heath Miller (ribs), safety Troy Polamalu (calf), wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (knee) and wide receiver Mike Wallace (groin). Offensive tackle Mike Adams (back) and linebacker Stevenson Sylvester (knee) were limited. [Geez! Today will be a big day at practice to see who is available for the game]

Read more: [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-roethlisberger-have-some-unpleasant-memories-of-oakland-654154/#ixzz270trq9Y5[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    "Dwyer's running style makes him conducive to injuries" ?? How so??? Or is this simply a response to loydroid's comments on Redman?

Regardless, this is really bad news. Just when he seems to be warming up to some big things. Yeah, improving game by game, play by play.

TS now might be in a bad situation now[actually good bad] with RM just about ready. Going from a thin RB situation to a now possible overload. Really was looking forward to seeing how the run game worked against the Raiders. More than likely Mendy would not have played giving him two more weeks to get 100%. But if Dwyer cannot light things up because of this freaking injury then that is really some doggone bad news.

What I am saying is screw those not impressive run stats up to now, those could change drastically in an instant. But now, it does not look or sound so good.
    This was the 1st I heard about this toe. I was hoping that maybe it was the coach blowing some smoke to the Raiders. But I guess not. From today's PG.
    Injury updates
    Those who did not practice Wednesday: running back Jonathan Dwyer (toe), offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert (groin), linebacker James Harrison (knee), tight end Heath Miller (ribs), safety Troy Polamalu (calf), wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (knee) and wide receiver Mike Wallace (groin). Offensive tackle Mike Adams (back) and linebacker Stevenson Sylvester (knee) were limited. [Geez! Today will be a big day at practice to see who is available for the game]

Read more: [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-roethlisberger-have-some-unpleasant-memories-of-oakland-654154/#ixzz270trq9Y5[/URL]

Like I said in another thread, combine the injuries, with traveling to the west coast to the emotion of playing the Raiders and this Sunday has all the lelements of a classic "trap game"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Like I said in another thread, combine the injuries, with traveling to the west coast to the emotion of playing the Raiders and this Sunday has all the lelements of a classic "trap game"
    I'm hoping they all still remember the embarrassment after the last couple games against the Raiders and they come out firing this week.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think you might be right Ovi. I'm starting to get that bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Oh, wait a minute, it was just gas. I feel better now.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lambert retired 20 years ago from this.
    It is not the same problem it was then.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I think you might be right Ovi. I'm starting to get that bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Oh, wait a minute, it was just gas. I feel better now.
    There are advantages to a "virtual" discussion...no smells

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by anjang86 View Post
    D Rock, if you are implying that Mendenhall should play after getting hit with a grenade, I think you should do some research first and feel free to learn more about grenades: [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_grenade[/URL]
    That's just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Book of Armaments, Chapter 2, verses 9-21
    ...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu...

"skip a bit, brother"

... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

ICAIq.jpg

PS. The Doodie Balls rule!!!1
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>