Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Reportedly interested in LSU QB Mettenberger

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I'd rather have Landry than most of these Top QBs in this years draft. Manziel... lol
    Johnny Football will have an NFL career that dwarfs LJ by 1,000 times over. Whoever gets him will fill seats and win games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Johnny Football will have an NFL career that dwarfs LJ by 1,000 times over. Whoever gets him will fill seats and win games.
    Manziel will be boom or bust. He will either be Fran Tarkenton or Colt McCoy. My odds are on the latter.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

My guess is if they were setting up an interview with Mettenberger, the real reason for it would be to gather intel on the likes of Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I'd rather have Landry than most of these Top QBs in this years draft. Manziel... lol
    That's crazy talk. The hatred for one of the best play making QBs to ever come out of college dumbfounds me.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Exactly...I have never seen a QB like him.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

As for Mettenberger. Some told me I was crazy when I said the Steelers wouldn't pass on a QB they think has the tools to be elite. Ben is 34, they are looking for the next guy. As for Jones, they may have realized he will never be more than a good back up. That's the gamble with drafting QBs.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    you think i bitch now. if this happens, look out!
    We'll just get you banned.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    That's crazy talk. The hatred for one of the best play making QBs to ever come out of college dumbfounds me.
    So was Doug Flutie

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    As for Mettenberger. Some told me I was crazy when I said the Steelers wouldn't pass on a QB they think has the tools to be elite. Ben is 34, they are looking for the next guy. As for Jones, they may have realized he will never be more than a good back up. That's the gamble with drafting QBs.
    I'm not sure how they could realize that at this point all he did was be the opponent's quarterback for a year. We'll see if the light switch came on since the end of the season.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post