Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Options at Left Tackle

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Today was "was one of the worst displays by a Steelers Left Tackle" in the last three weeks... let alone team history. FORGET #3 on your list. It simply cannot be an option. ADAMS MUST BE BENCHED. His (PFF) grades the last three weeks are as follows: -5.1, -3.0, -??. If we are going "turn over stones", and "chew on this", and whatever else fn maddening quote Tomlin wants to throw out... You have to hold the worst player on the field accountable (which Adams has been every week so far).

I agree Adams has sucked I don't think anyone could deny that. But I would stay away from PFF grades.

Unless you think Ike Taylor has played pretty bad. I saw PFF grades for Ike recently, Against the Bengals he had a -2.

Its a fundamentally flawed system.

However, It takes no genious to figure out Adams sucks
    Last edited by Dupree; 09-29-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Put beachum at LT, Adams at right.
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

Beachum at LT, Gilbert at RT and Adams on the bench...I am certainly not a Gilbert fan but Adams was absolutely terrible today. I don't know how many times I saw him standing around by himself while Ben was under pressure. There is absolutely no way in hell that Max Starks could be worse than Adams...just no way...not possible.
    Last edited by steelfin; 09-29-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I agree Adams has sucked I don't think anyone could deny that. But I would stay away from PFF grades.

Unless you think Ike Taylor has played pretty bad. I saw PFF grades for Ike recently, Against the Bengals he had a -2.

Its a fundamentally flawed system.

However, It takes no genious to figure out Adams sucks
    You're right. And TBH, I don't even know how to read the grades. I've gotten into it in terms of citing Adams' play because it seemed to be indicative of what I was actually watching.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    You're right. And TBH, I don't even know how to read the grades. I've gotten into it in terms of citing Adams' play because it seemed to be indicative of what I was actually watching.
    PFF is a wonderful site for stats, but grades, are kinda pulled out of their ass.

I mean their grades have no statistical backing, Heres what their grading system is. They watch the TV broadcast (big mistake IMO, they should watch the ALL 22 tape. Much better) and they say if they "liked" or "disliked" a play, and to what degree they liked it.

These are just a bunch of stat nerds, not football players or coaches. So its really just a matter if they like or dislike something, they also have a tendency to give poorer scores to guys that are getting too much TV attention than they might deserve. For instance, I have a feeling that Gruden gushing over Ike led to Ike's poor grade because they will be more critical.

In Mike Adams case, probably ever play he does is disliked so he just keeps going negative

Legend

User Info Menu

Leave Adams in. Yeah he sucks. But he's got 12 games to show if he can improve

if he doesn't. Then we know we need to draft/bring In a LT for the future

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Adams and Gilbert....two more wasted 'premium picks' the know it alls around here used as a reason we didn't need to draft OL over.
    @_Hellgrammite

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Leave Adams in. Yeah he sucks. But he's got 12 games to show if he can improve

if he doesn't. Then we know we need to draft/bring In a LT for the future
    The way things are going, we'll have the pick of the litter in the draft...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    Beachum at LT, Gilbert at RT and Adams on the bench...I am certainly not a Gilbert fan but Adams was absolutely terrible today. I don't know how many times I saw him standing around by himself while Ben was under pressure. There is absolutely no way in hell that Max Starks could be worse than Adams...just no way...not possible.
    Mike Tomlin's ego wouldn't let him sign Max back to the Steeler roster. I don't know what Tomlin has against Max, but it's obvious that something wasn't right between them and the team may be paying the price for stubbornness and ego.

Max may be washed up, but it would be difficult to believe that he would be playing any worse that Mike Adams right now.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Mike Tomlin's ego wouldn't let him sign Max back to the Steeler roster. I don't know what Tomlin has against Max, but it's obvious that something wasn't right between them and the team may be paying the price for stubbornness and ego.

Max may be washed up, but it would be difficult to believe that he would be playing any worse that Mike Adams right now.

Pappy
    Not if you watched him...