Thread: Shamarko Thomas.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Bills didnt need a safety.

But it is weird that most major college coaches that go pro tend to not draft their players....carroll, harbaugh, and obrien come to mind as recent ones
    They DID IN FACT draft a safety JUST BEFORE we drafted Shamarko in the 4th. That player did not have nearly the impressive measurables as Shamarko. He was slower less explosive and not nearly was strong. I also recall that hater critic Ikestop85 referred to last year making that point. While I loved the pick I have to say that point did concern me.

I think you are right that coaches just tend to not take their guys perhaps thinking they don't want to be swayed by emotional bias.

Shamarko himself MUST have taken that as a slight. Any surprise he JUST HAD his most impressive outing yet versus the Bills? Oh yes you make him regret he passed you up Shamarko.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    They DID IN FACT draft a safety JUST BEFORE we drafted Shamarko in the 4th. That player did not have nearly the impressive measurables as Shamarko. He was slower less explosive and not nearly was strong. I also recall that hater critic Ikestop85 referred to last year making that point. While I loved the pick I have to say that point did concern me.

I think you are right that coaches just tend to not take their guys perhaps thinking they don't want to be swayed by emotional bias.

Shamarko himself MUST have taken that as a slight. Any surprise he JUST HAD his most impressive outing yet versus the Bills? Oh yes you make him regret he passed you up Shamarko.
    I guess they did draft Duke Williams, but at the time they had Jairus Byrd and Aaron Williams playing safety. Bills also took EJ Manuel over Nassib when everyone thought they were locked in on Nassib because of the connection.

Shamarko is more of an in the box safety with potential to play NCB. I guess it depends on what you want on defense. I dont think taking Duke over Shamarko in the first round is quite as telling as Pete Carrol taking Earl Thomas over Taylor Mays if that makes any sense