Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers showed Black and Gold heart and backbone to finish the season.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    You would be surprised how much influence "WE" have.
    If you mean "WE" as in "WE" as interpreted by the media (kinda like an Electoral College thing) ... I would not be surprised. That said, I don't think a majority want Tomlin fired anytime soon ... just an irrational/knee jerk minority ... and we hear from them whether the man wins or loses ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    You are absolutely right ... forget about Pouncey going down on snap number 8; forget about an offense missing Heath, Spaeth and Bell ... forget about Foote being lost for the season .. forget about Allen's injuries .. it was all coaching ... they didn't have to readjust on the fly and coach up inferior players to play at an adequate level. How dare they not have a team relying on second and in some instances THIRD string players ready to go immediately. But hey, I guess that means the 6-2 finish is on the coaches too ...
    Hey buck... you can twist it however you want to...but 8-8 is the new norm here in the "Burgh" until some changes are made...and yea... the coaching is a big part of the the 3 year down slide (starting with Tebow beating us in Denver).

and in case you missed it... a bunch of second stringers beat the chargers today (minus the botched kick).. so the whole "inferior" argument doesn't hold up. Velasco and Wallace more than filled the void in Pouncey's absence. The vast majority of teams in the NFL are in the same situation with injuries.. some teams are able to overcome it (GB, NE, etc), others (Pitt) are not.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I can't believe anyone would actually think that Tomlin would have a thing to worry about. Sure, some people like to stir the pot and make asinine suggestions. Reality suggests that the man has done a fantastic job this year. The debate team captains may try to make a case otherwise for their own amusement, but their whining is only just that. This is a team with the arrow pointed up. The Bengals are glad to not have the Pittsburgh Steelers coming to town next week.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Hey buck... you can twist it however you want to...but 8-8 is the new norm here in the "Burgh" until some changes are made...and yea... the coaching is a big part of the the 3 year down slide (starting with Tebow beating us in Denver).

and in case you missed it... a bunch of second stringers beat the chargers today (minus the botched kick).. so the whole "inferior" argument doesn't hold up. Velasco and Wallace more than filled the void in Pouncey's absence. The vast majority of teams in the NFL are in the same situation with injuries.. some teams are able to overcome it (GB, NE, etc), others (Pitt) are not.
    Here ... let me put it this way ... Tomlin is staying ... probably for longer than "YOU" would like. and as far as twisting things go ... that bunch of second stringers didn't play for the Steelers and they lost ... our bunch of second stringers have improved throughout the year and they won today ... and 6-2 over the the last 8 games or 8-4 over the last 12 (however you want to look at it) says that the Steelers did a pretty good job of overcoming injuries and phasing in some youth.

Dude, I get it ... you don't like Tomlin .. maybe it's his clock management ... maybe it's his drafts (with Colbert and ARII) ... Maybe it's that he doesn't stick out his prominent chin and spit on people ... Maybe it's .... ooops can't use that "card" ... but maybe it is "that" .. anyway, you don't like him ... you want him gone ... I understand ... Personally, I don't think he's the greatest right now .. don't think he's complete and utter dog crap either

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I can't believe anyone would actually think that Tomlin would have a thing to worry about. Sure, some people like to stir the pot and make asinine suggestions. Reality suggests that the man has done a fantastic job this year. The debate team captains may try to make a case otherwise for their own amusement, but their whining is only just that. This is a team with the arrow pointed up. The Bengals are glad to not have the Pittsburgh Steelers coming to town next week.
    and that is exactly the problem that a strong finish does for us... it creates a false since of security that we are going to be back on top next year....and it causes us to sort of forget that there are some very big problems that the steelers face... cap issues, an aging defense, free agency..
    there's a very real possibility that we have 5-6 new starters on defense next year...and we are looking for a #2 and #3 receiver. We are sitting at home this year again for the playoffs, so I think criticisms directed at the coaching staff or players are far from "Asinine".

Legend

User Info Menu

Here ... let me put it this way ... Tomlin is staying ... probably for longer than "YOU" would like. and as far as twisting things go ... that bunch of second stringers didn't play for the Steelers and they lost ... our bunch of second stringers have improved throughout the year and they won today ... and 6-2 over the the last 8 games or 8-4 over the last 12 (however you want to look at it) says that the Steelers did a pretty good job of overcoming injuries and phasing in some youth.

Dude, I get it ... you don't like Tomlin .. maybe it's his clock management ... maybe it's his drafts (with Colbert and ARII) ... Maybe it's that he doesn't stick out his prominent chin and spit on people ... Maybe it's .... ooops can't use that "card" ... but maybe it is "that" .. anyway, you don't like him ... you want him gone ... I understand ... Personally, I don't think he's the greatest right now .. don't think he's complete and utter dog crap either
    lol... I enjoy reading your creativity... and, you are right, he is neither great, nor is he "Dog crap".... he is "8 and 8"... the standard is the standard buck

Backup

User Info Menu

and that is exactly the problem that a strong finish does for us... it creates a false since of security that we are going to be back on top next year....and it causes us to sort of forget that there are some very big problems that the steelers face... cap issues, an aging defense, free agency..
    there's a very real possibility that we have 5-6 new starters on defense next year...and we are looking for a #2 and #3 receiver. We are sitting at home this year again for the playoffs, so I think criticisms directed at the coaching staff or players are far from "Asinine".
    Cap issues ... General Manager/Owner/Capologist
    Aging defense ... HC/DC/General Manager
    Free Agency ... HC/General Manager/Capologist
    You haven't mentioned one thing that is "solely" the responsibility of Tomlin .. yet, you want him gone based on the issues you mentioned. I guess they should just fire everyone and start over?

Backup

User Info Menu

lol... I enjoy reading your creativity... and, you are right, he is neither great, nor is he "Dog crap".... he is "8 and 8"... the standard is the standard buck
    Well, what we do know is he will be back next year .. my money is on him being back the year after ... and I know y'all don't like hearing comparisons about rebuilding/retooling teams ... but was Cowher an average coach for three years (98-00) when he was rebuilding?

Legend

User Info Menu

Renegade!!!!!!!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Classy post
    x2

Tiproast is pure class, and I always appreciate his perspective on things.