Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheaton hurt again

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wheaton hurt again

I read that Wheaton is out with a foot/ankle and Justin Brown was taking reps with the first team. While I am kind of amped JB is getting reps in with the first team, I am a little concerned that Wheaton is starting to appear China doll-ish. Hope not, but the more he is too hurt to practice, the more concerned I get.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's june...if he can't play in August then I get concerned. Team may be directing he sit out as a precaution.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Wheaton doesn't look like he is ever gonna amount to anything IMO

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coolie Man View Post
    Wheaton doesn't look like he is ever gonna amount to anything IMO
    How can I do a Bustamalu thing with his name hmmmm.

OTay!!!
    I think I got the name.

BUSTWheat

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It's june...if he can't play in August then I get concerned. Team may be directing he sit out as a precaution.
    So everything is.....OTAY!
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-17-2014 at 02:09 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

I claim credit forever for inventing "BUSTWheat", from here on out when a post makes reference to that expression one shall use the following format:

"BustWheat (as coined by Captain Lemming)...."

This is to be followed by the following note:

Note: The term "BUSTWheat" is a lame attempt at humor and is in no way an expression of low expectations on the part of Captain Lemming for any current or future Pittsburgh Steeler player. Should Wheaton become a star this playful expression cannot become the basis of ridicule of CL.

(However, should Wheaton in fact become a bust, this note shall not be included but rather an expression of praise of the author of the term for "knowing all along" Wheaton was going to be a bust. The author of this post reserves the right to edit this post in the future in a manner that puts its author in the best light)
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-17-2014 at 02:37 PM.

TCFCLTC-

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not ready to give up on him quite yet, just not liking the trend until he can prove he can be reliable. It is only June. We need some of these players to contribute this season. Not all, but some.

- Wheaton
    - Shark
    - Shazier
    - Tuitt
    - Archer
    - Spence (if we need him).
    - Jarvis Jones

Legend

User Info Menu

dont you know that anything bad or negative that happens in otas or training camp doesnt mean anything because its only otas and training camp.
    OF course, if something positive happens during trainng camp or otas then it means something
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    dont you know that anything bad or negative that happens in otas or training camp doesnt mean anything because its only otas and training camp.
    Tell that to Sean Lee and the Cowboys.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I claim credit forever for inventing "BUSTWheat", from here on out when a post makes reference to that expression one shall use the following format:

"BustWheat (as coined by Captain Lemming)...."

I gotta give you props, that is a great nickname and I promise to comply!