Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Word out of Browns Camp

Legend

User Info Menu

Word out of Browns Camp

Apparently a 20-man brawl, offense vs defense.

Coach: "I like it.... shows the kind of attitude we have been missing for a long time.... to win in the NFL, you have to play with that edge on both sides of the ball...."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Apparently a 20-man brawl, offense vs defense.

Coach: "I like it.... shows the kind of attitude we have been missing for a long time.... to win in the NFL, you have to play with that edge on both sides of the ball...."
    Nothing of note; most camps have fights. The fact that the Browns are just now to that intensity is more of an indictment on their past than it is an illustration of their promising future. But I will say this: Their coach seems more legit than any they have had since Belichick.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Nothing of note; most camps have fights. The fact that the Browns are just now to that intensity is more of an indictment on their past than it is an illustration of their promising future. But I will say this: Their coach seems more legit than any they have had since Belichick.
    Except Belicheck wasn't coaching high school football in Pennsylvania ten years ago. Pettine's old man has better credentials to be an NFL coach than his son does.

Legend

User Info Menu

actually agree with you on this sick.

seen a few pressers and their new coach has that demeanor of a real sh!t-kicker... reminds me of Ditka.

Legend

User Info Menu

I remember on the Trib boards how he was called "Brain dead Belicheck" for cutting their QB, whose name I can't remember. Maybe it was before the Trib board. I'm losing my memory.....
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i think pettine looks like a guy in over his head already to me. the bags under his eyes are in mid season form

time will tell

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hope the Browns beat the Ravens twice this year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    actually agree with you on this sick.

seen a few pressers and their new coach has that demeanor of a real sh!t-kicker... reminds me of Ditka.
    He could flame out, like a Mike Singletary, but one thing he won't do, as have all the past 10 coaches, is turn into a log and do nothing. Players could end up tuning him out but he won't go away quietly. As a matter of fact, all the coaches and front office guys seem to be operating in an angry state. Their GM was over-the-top in his manner of speech at the draft. They seem to need a chill pill.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    I remember on the Trib boards how he was called "Brain dead Belicheck" for cutting their QB, whose name I can't remember. Maybe it was before the Trib board. I'm losing my memory.....
    He cut Kosar, who was adored by those fans. Bernie never had a gun to begin with, so after some age, his arm really turned into a pop gun. Bill B. was right. They couldn't win with a QB with that weak of an arm. And poor Bernie couldn't move to save his life. He had good accuracy and a feel for the game at one point, but by the time they dumped him, he had nothing. People forget that BB actually had the Browns on the right track and they won 10 games and made the play offs (and I believe the Steelers ran Barry Foster down their throats in the play offs that year). but then Art announced he was moving the team, and they just fell apart after that. No way a team can get focused and motivated in that environment.

[url]http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/09/when_art_modells_cleveland_bro_1.html[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Nothing of note; most camps have fights.
    Yeah, when you have guys hitting it other in oppressive heat, you expect to see a defensive end getting in a shoving match with an offensive tackle after the whistle, or a linebacker and fullback pushing each other around...man-on-man scrums are somewhat common this time of year. But not a 20 man battle royale. You can't let your practices crumble into that nonsense.

Their coach seems more legit than any they have had since Belichick.
    Maybe, but personally, I think they would have been better of keeping Chudzinski (with O.C. Norv Turner and D.C. Ray Horton) and cleaning house and going with Pettine (with O.C. Kyle Shanahan and D.C. Jim O'Neil). Chud vs. Pettine at this point seems somewhat like a wash to me at this point, but I prefer their coordinators from last year much more than their coordinators this year. The Browns were building a solid D, and Norv was turning Gordon and Cameron into legit weapons last year even without any semblence of a QB, so I'm glad those coaches are gone and they are starting over yet again.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.