Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben Out

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I told you all he was not going to make this game 2 weeks ago. All the BS with them lying was obvious to me. Those BS tricks accomplish nothing. It is so tired and lame. Wake up, Pgh, you fool no one and you look like a joke.
    Why do you get your panties in a bunch over this injury reporting issue? If they really were trying to play this up for a competitive advantage of some kind, they would have said he would be a game-time decision and not announced that he was deactivated until an hour or so before kickoff on Sunday (I heard interviews from Harbaugh, Rice, and Suggs which were all somewhat expecting Ben to pull a Willis Reed this week). And yet they make the announcement that he's out on Friday.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Ben miss one more game, this season is over!
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    If Ben miss one more game, this season is over!
    It really isnt

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we can win this game with Batch at QB. The team will pick it up and Batch will look much better than he did last week.

There, I said it!!
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I think we can win this game with Batch at QB. The team will pick it up and Batch will look much better than he did last week.

There, I said it!!
    Why did we lose the last two games against Baltimore and Cleveland? Everyone points to feeble, geriatric backup QB's Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch first, but the fact is that Byron and Charlie threw for more yards in the last two games than their counterparts Flacco and Weeden (Leftwich and Batch had 199 yards each, whicle Flacco had 164 and Weeden had 158).

The reason is that we were MINUS TEN IN TURNOVER DIFFERENTIAL IN THOSE TWO GAMES ALONE (minus 3 vs. Baltimore and minus 7 vs. Cleveland). And, somehow, we still only lost those two games by NINE POINTS COMBINED (lost by 3 to Baltimore and lost by 6 to Cleveland). With horrendous back-to-back turnover differentials like those, most teams would have lost those games by scores of 28-3 and 45-10 (or something like that) rather than 13-10 and 20-14. For how bad we looked in the last two weeks, we were still within one score of victory at the end of each game.

If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot (perhaps a poor choice of phrase now that Plaxico is back on our team) by turning the ball over again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again, then we would have beaten both of those teams quite handily. If we simply hold onto the ball today, we can beat this flawed Ravens team, even with Batch under center.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.