Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: we could lose a draft pick due to Tomlin debacle...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Oh really, there is a picture from the Depot that shows Cowher not only on the white, but almost a yard on the field punching at a Jaguar who is running down the field. But I guess it is OK for him to do it.
    Oh, my bad, I thought the topic was about Tomlin.... take off the shades.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Did you hear Tomlin's response when a reporter asked Tomlin.... "You know your not supposed to stand there"

Tomlin's response: "Tell me something I don't know"

That answer is NOT going to go well when the NFL offices are seeking more answers on Tomlin's intent.
    if the NFL hates Tomlin as much as you do we are screwed

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I hate comparison like this. Cowher took his teams to the playoffs 6 straight years to start his career. He was losing FAs like crazy because the team couldn't afford to pay them and he was in a power struggle with Donahoe. In 2000 the Steelers received 3 apologies from the NFL for blown calls. If they don't make the playoffs this year that will be 3 times Tomlin has missed the playoffs in his 7 years. Cowher missed ONCE in his first 7. Not only that Cowher had Neil O'Donnell, Tomczak, and Kordell. Tomlin has had Ben his entire career. Hardly a comparison.
    Tomlin's teams went to two SBs and won one of them...better than Cowher's first 6 years...

If Tomlin took over a better team, he did more with them as well...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Tomlin's teams went to two SBs and won one of them...better than Cowher's first 6 years...

If Tomlin took over a better team, he did more with them as well...
    Doesn't matter... Tomlin may actually have his first losing season so its time for Cowher to return.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    if the NFL hates Tomlin as much as you do we are screwed
    I don't hate Tomlin. I question his ability to make personnel decisions and develop talent.... I also don't like some of his in game decision making.

Maybe Tomlin is a better "leader of men" than Cowher was. It's possible. But I think Cowher was stronger with personnel and developing talent. Maybe personnel decisions should be removed from Tomlin's list of responsibilities and just allow him to "lead men" which is maybe what he's best at. Leave the personnel decisions to the FO and whomever else.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't hate Tomlin. I question his ability to make personnel decisions and develop talent.... I also don't like some of his in game decision making.

Maybe Tomlin is a better "leader of men" than Cowher was. It's possible. But I think Cowher was stronger with personnel and developing talent. Maybe personnel decisions should be removed from Tomlin's list of responsibilities and just allow him to "lead men" which is maybe what he's best at. Leave the personnel decisions to the FO and whomever else.
    Sorry.. I just have a hard time believing a person likes someone when they always think the worst of them and every win is in spite of Tomlin

The only time you have said anything positive about Tomlin is when someone says you can't stand him.

Its OK, some fans aren't fans of the HC... its the impression I get when I read your post about Tomlin. Its 100% negative all the time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Attached Images Attached Images

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So if we are losing a draft pick...what round is it? Better not be the first!
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL="http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId= 9589943"]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId= 9589943[/URL]

New video evidence which could make it seem to some he did it on purpose
    Last edited by SteelCrazy; 12-02-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

But I think Cowher was stronger with personnel and developing talent.
    One word -- Korkie.