Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Per Adam Shefter

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not holding my breath...but I REALLY hope we can get him. Do we have enough to do so..even after signing Spaeth, Foote?
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I'm not holding my breath...but I REALLY hope we can get him. Do we have enough to do so..even after signing Spaeth, Foote?
    The depot talked about that the other day and basically he said the team could and probable sign any player that they like if it meant upgrading the team, but they will have to cut a high priced player maybe a Clark , Ike, Kiesel etc. So the cap is not a problem it's all about who gets the axe.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Also remember that they could also pull the plug on one of those rb tenders.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Also remember that they could also pull the plug on one of those rb tenders.
    I'm fine with that. Would re-structuring Polamalu's contract help even better?
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If the signing of waste of Spaeth causes us to not sign this guy, then I will put chewed bubble gum on Rooney's car seat.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm fine with that. Would re-structuring Polamalu's contract help even better?

I don't believe any restructure will occur with Troy as it adds to the cap next year. Being we were in Cap hell this year, I think they want to be in Cap Purgatory at the worse in 2014 and some day move closer to Cap Heaven.
    With future signings like Pouncey and Ben, we need to get the house in order, because Cap Hell gives the team little wiggle room if any at all, as we seen bringing in stop gaps before the Dam breaks.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    If the signing of waste of Spaeth causes us to not sign this guy, then I will put chewed bubble gum on Rooney's car seat.

That'll teach him a lesson.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I don't believe any restructure will occur with Troy as it adds to the cap next year. Being we were in Cap hell this year, I think they want to be in Cap Purgatory at the worse in 2014 and some day move closer to Cap Heaven.
    With future signings like Pouncey and Ben, we need to get the house in order, because Cap Hell gives the team little wiggle room if any at all, as we seen bringing in stop gaps before the Dam breaks.
    Okay...but do we have a good chance of signing Victor Butler? He already visited the Saints (right?) and Jets...but they went on a different route by signing another Linebacker..so does this mean he's ours for the taking?
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Okay...but do we have a good chance of signing Victor Butler? He already visited the Saints (right?) and Jets...but they went on a different route by signing another Linebacker..so does this mean he's ours for the taking?
    I'm thinking other events may surface before we have a shot to sign Butler. Being he visited the Saints and Jets maybe his asking price will come down and we could be in the ballpark. If we lose Sanders, that would free up some money to possibly sign Butler.
    Sometimes I wonder if the Steelers are really interested in signing some of these FA's that come in, at any rate Butler could be a good addition to the team especially if the Steelers get him in their price range

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I'm thinking other events may surface before we have a shot to sign Butler. Being he visited the Saints and Jets maybe his asking price will come down and we could be in the ballpark. If we lose Sanders, that would free up some money to possibly sign Butler.
    Sometimes I wonder if the Steelers are really interested in signing some of these FA's that come in, at any rate Butler could be a good addition to the team especially if the Steelers get him in their price range
    I wonder if they don't want to sign him because they firmly believe that Worilds is as great as they think he is?
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa