Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steeler PS News...

Rookie

User Info Menu

With the Steelers, in his backup role, all Batch has done is play well when called upon...

Legend

User Info Menu

I can't understand the JJ thing at all.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    I can't understand the JJ thing at all.
    I can...

If you want to keep a UDFA QB who hasn't played football in a year over a proven vet who has performed well, that UDFA QB needs to clearly dominate his competition and outplay the veteran ahead of him...

While Johnson played well, I wouldn't say that he definitively did either of those things...

Legend

User Info Menu

I predict that when Weslye Saunders' suspension is up after 4 games, he takes David Paulson's spot on the 53 man roster, and then Paulson is moved to the P.S., taking Jamie McCoy's spot.

Also, when DeCastro is put on "reversable I.R." (or whatever we are calling it) on Tuesday, the team will be bringing back Trai Essex once again, as has been widely reported. When DeCastro is able to come back later in the year, he will likely take Kelvin Beachum's spot on the 53 man roster, and then Beachum will be moved the P.S., taking John Malecki's spot.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm slightly disappointed that we didn't re-sign DE Corbin Bryant to the PS, I thought he had really good long-term potential as a 3-4 DE.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I predict that when Weslye Saunders' suspension is up after 4 games, he takes David Paulson's spot on the 53 man roster, and then Paulson is moved to the P.S., taking Jamie McCoy's spot.

Also, when DeCastro is put on "reversable I.R." (or whatever we are calling it) on Tuesday, the team will be bringing back Trai Essex once again, as has been widely reported. When DeCastro is able to come back later in the year, he will likely take Kelvin Beachum's spot on the 53 man roster, and then Beachum will be moved the P.S., taking John Malecki's spot.

Id like to hear your take on why we gave Beachum a roster spot and not Lee. Same positional capabilities, no?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Id like to hear your take on why we gave Beachum a roster spot and not Lee. Same positional capabilities, no?
    I also want to know why the hell Beachum was selected ahead of Lee. Beachum is not even PS worthy.

Can Sean Kugler recognize and develop talent on O-Line??? Seriously what was Sean Kugler thinking while making that decision?? Maybe Beachum knows something personal about Kugler.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Wasn't Beachum said to have long-snapper skills when we drafted him? My first thought when I heard Beachum made it was position flexibility, and he can long-snap.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'm slightly disappointed that we didn't re-sign DE Corbin Bryant to the PS, I thought he had really good long-term potential as a 3-4 DE.
    I liked Bryant as well. I wonder if he got a better offer elsewhere?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Very happy with Lee & Victorian on the PS...& Gilreath too. Disappointed that no developmental DL's or RB's are on it but could care less about JJ or 3rd QB's in general - our future starting QB hasn't entered college yet & our next back-up is probably playing
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...