Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers interested in Tennessee QB Tyler Bray?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    This kid is a loser. Mentally weak, total lack of leadership skills, and a complete knuckle-head off the field. Add bad mechanics and there you have it. He's a lot closer the second coming of Ryan Leaf than even a marginal NFL QB.
    Is it just me or under Tomlin do the Steelers seem much less worried about leadership, maturity, and discipline concerning players they draft. Maybe I'm imagining things.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Is it just me or under Tomlin do the Steelers seem much less worried about leadership, maturity, and discipline concerning players they draft. Maybe I'm imagining things.
    Nope, I'd agree with you! Doesn't appear to be a focus.

Even taking this kid out to dinner is ridiculous. I'd rather them turn in a blank card in round 2 then one with his name on it.

Legend

User Info Menu

If I have my years right, in cowher's last draft... Santonio Holmes & Anthony Smith, the hot-dog Syracuse were his first 2 picks... Just saying...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I remember when they took Ziggy Hood #1 during the offseason drama and Tomlin kept harping on Hood being a captain and a leader. Then last year they go with Adams and Ta'amu, and Rainey. I'm not sure tbh how the character issue of a particular player comes into play. They seem to hold it in high regards one year and then a little more lax in other years. I can almost bet there are no guys drafted this year who have suspect reputations after Rainey and Alameda's exploits.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

even the comments bray made about putting on weight were completely ludicrous. He claims that he could only afford the dollar menu which is complete BS. UTs training table is as good as any in the nation and bray comes from money. I hardly believe his parents would let him go hungry. The real reason he never put on any weight is that he never made an effort to get better or stronger. Its just more excuses from this kid.

I'm with ghost, turn in a blank card before you draft this bum.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers also spent a lot of time talking to Geno Smith, but we all know that we aren't drafting him. We were likely getting insights about Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey. Similarly, the Steelers spending a lot of time talking to Tyler Bray likely means that they were fishing for nuggets about Cordarelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, and possibly even Da'Rick Rogers.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

And talking to EJ Manuel?

Connect the dots people:

Ben due for a new contract.

Yinzer backup signed for 3 years.

Now fishing around 2nd round QB on a team with 2 average RBs under contract, 1 receiver gone, another half way out the door, and Miller is hurt.

Not hard to figure out why.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we draft one of those WRs ruthless.

I would take rogers in the 2nd. He reminds me a little of julio jones. Very physical player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    even the comments bray made about putting on weight were completely ludicrous. He claims that he could only afford the dollar menu which is complete BS. UTs training table is as good as any in the nation and bray comes from money. I hardly believe his parents would let him go hungry. The real reason he never put on any weight is that he never made an effort to get better or stronger. Its just more excuses from this kid.

I'm with ghost, turn in a blank card before you draft this bum.
    When you play at UT you can eat steak every night cooked to your exact specifications...

Heck, regular students can eat as many times as they want in the regular cafeteria's plus they have a million and one options all over campus. Alumni wouldn't let him go hungry let alone his parents.

I can't believe he would say something like that.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

With so many needs now I don't see us picking a QB until the last round if at all, maybe next season the steelers can get serious about the QB position. This draft is weak at QB, otherwise maybe the Steelers would consider, lets get some playmakers on this team instead of long shots.