Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Give a choice, I'd take Russell Wilson over Ben right now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    i'd take Luck and think about RG3. but guys like kap and RW have to prove it to me a bit longer. they dont have the pedigree of the other 2

there will be lots of tape of these guys next year (see newton this year) lets see how they adjust.

and kap is on a team thats loaded offensively
    You must not have really watched him play, as, if you did, you'd realize he was making plays all over the field, regardless of the talent surrounding him. He just balls with both his legs and cannon arm. You can't give the credit of those plays to the other players on the field. Other players don't give you lightening speed or a cannon arm. That has to come FROM the QB, not others.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow. Some threads make it hard to say "Hey, check out planetsteelers.com for good Steeler talk."

This is one of them. Just embarrassing, knee-jerk, over reaction to an injury. Unbelievable.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    No, that's nothing at all what it's like. Poster said, "Ck throwing delivery looks like Leftwich's...good luck with that." That means that he is saying that similar throwing motion = similar over all results; he made that relation not I. I then pointed out the vast difference between the two QBs, as a similar throwing motion IS NOT representative of player on whole. So I am making the distinction, so all you are doing is agreeing with my assertion. Try not to vomit as you realize my logic is perfect and yours is vastly flawed.
    The comparison was in the throwing motion. You included the added extras. There's a difference between being witty & clever, and being a loudmouth punk. When you realise the difference, get back to us.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Sorry, this doesn't pass the eye ball test. Did you watch Wilson play? It wasn't a matter of him having superior O-line play, etc. He bought time better than BB ever has, and he makes wise decisions on where to go with the ball, and then delivers the ball with great accuracy. That had nothing to do with the players around him. He is a BALLER out there, much more so then Ben is at this point. I will give them this: Seattle's DBs are far superior to ours - that much is obvious. But wide outs? Pgh was touted early and often as having one of the best WR units in the NFL. Of course, as the lack of discipline and effort ran through our team, that once-proud WR unit turned out to be a big pile of stinking crap.
    You're making a fool of yourself on this board. If that is your goal then kudos to you for reaching it. Yes I watched the Seahawks play and their OL and RB's are far superior to ours...especially the OL we had the second half of the season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    You're making a fool of yourself on this board. If that is your goal then kudos to you for reaching it. Yes I watched the Seahawks play and their OL and RB's are far superior to ours...especially the OL we had the second half of the season.
    It's all he does here.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Wow. Some threads make it hard to say "Hey, check out planetsteelers.com for good Steeler talk."

This is one of them. Just embarrassing, knee-jerk, over reaction to an injury. Unbelievable.
    In order to assess players and teams compared to each other, you must watch the other teams and players and apply vision. Apparently, you have not done this.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    You're making a fool of yourself on this board. If that is your goal then kudos to you for reaching it.
    You can fully expect a warning or suspension, as you clearly are breaking board rules.

You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.

Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from postings upon discovery. While we may attempt to notify you if we move or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so. Depending on the nature of the violation, the Planet Steelers community at their sole discretion may terminate a customer's account.

o Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    LOL... Russell Wilson is who Ben used to be when Ben was a rookie. I would love to have the hot hand right now but who knows how they are going to play next year or 2 or 3 years down the road. Ben used to scoot for 1st downs and keep the D honest with his feet.

I complain...I'm still mad.... but you... you sound like you don't even like this team.
    This.

Let's see how RW does with a few hits on that body of his. Look how ordinary RGIII was after his injury. The NFL has a way of making QBs pay for being an NFL QB... only the strong shall survive. Let's see where RW is after a few years into this.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Kapernick has an O-line thats putting 3 starters in the PRO BOWL, thats a big difference AND the 49ers have a run game to help him out as well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Feeding the Attention Jones, boys.

21 of 50 posts on this thread from one source.
    Last edited by DukieBoy; 01-14-2013 at 08:24 PM.