Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another year same bad angles and bad tackles by yours truly...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I was more disappointed losing to Tim Tebow in the playoffs last year than I am losing to Peyton Manning in the first game of the season this year.

losing to one of the worst QBs in the NFL was a horrible way to end the season, losing to a future Hall of Fame QB to open the season just seems a lot easier to swallow and still gives us the rest of this year to turn things around.
    I agree.. I was PO'ed at the D but it's Peyton Manning... he is pretty darn good.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I agree.. I was PO'ed at the D but it's Peyton Manning... he is pretty darn good.
    I agree about Manning being pretty good but I want to know ...

where was Woodley
    where was Timmons
    where was Keisel
    where was Taylor
    where was Hood
    what happened to Allen and Lewis ... I saw them but didn't like what I saw.

Some here seems to think LeBeau needs to design and call plays at the correct time that lets a defender have a free run at the QB. That doesn't happen often and when it does I think it's luck. Our players have to beat their players one on one. Do the Giants disguise where their pass rush is coming from? I don't think so. They send the same 4 guys play after play. Does that mean their DC is better than ours? I think it means our pass rushers aren't as good as theirs.

Sometimes it's the players fault. That was what I saw last night in Denver.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

When the Broncos huddled the first three drives it wasn't even fair; the Steelers had their way with the Broncos offense. Once Peyton went no huddle he owned the defense. There are a handful (maybe) of quarterbacks that can run the no-huddle drive after drive after drive like Manning, Rogers, Brees, Brady, Ben (to a degree), Flacco (to a degree), Ryan (to a degree, maybe) and that's about it. Of course, if the Steelers make the playoffs there's a very good chance they'll see some flavor of the no-huddle now that it's on film, but the defense should hold up pretty good for the next 15 games.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Talking about bad angles- I noticed this at times along the OL in some of their blocking schemes. For example, not sure where it was in the game, but pretty sure it was in the 2nd half.. They were down on the goal line in tight formation and the RT had to block down on the DL. That DL shot the gap and hit the rb in the backfield for virually no gain. The RG should've blocked that DL because of the angle. If they would've changed up on that, the RB may have been more successful and maybe even scored. It's little things like that. And thats not the OL fault. Its the way the play was drawn up and its the way the OL coach decided to block on that play. It could've been a good time for an audible too- thats on the QB....

Football is a game of angles.. This example just goes to show that its a team game, and so therefore, everyone and anyone is at fault when a play such as that goes for neg. yardage.... just sayin'
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

What scared me about Troy was seeing him during pregame on my HDTV, and seeing all of the grey hairs he has in his mane now...pretty soon he is going to take over the Silverback name from Harrison.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Defense seemed to be doing well against the huddle. It got in trouble in during the no-huddle. I'm curious, who called the on field defensive plays and adjustments during the no huddle? Last year it would have been Farrior I believe. Is it Timmons now? Clark? Perhaps there is more to the tale.

We also had an untested OLB on the field, an untested CB, and a backup Safety. Its no shock they struggled.

In the end, I agree that the players on the field got whipped.

Legend

User Info Menu

Larry Foote.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Larry Foote.
    Thanks. As long as he has been around, he should know the calls. Of course, knowing them and making htem are two different things. I was more concerned that Timmons might have been making them thus giving him more to do than he needs.

Starter

User Info Menu

I think your defense will look better when Harrison and Clark are in the starting line-up.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    I think your defense will look better when Harrison and Clark are in the starting line-up.

Concern here for how our DL got owned. Thanks for the positives though.