Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't get the hype over Minter

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't get the hype over Minter

He is relatively slow (4.82 40), not all that athletic and misses tackles.

Why are some of you so high on this kid?

A lot of ILB seem better than this guy.

Backup

User Info Menu

I dont know. Didnt watch him play. Te'o just ran a 4.81 With Ogeltree's troubles no MLB's worth the 17th pick. Mike Mayock says that after the top three MLB the others are 3 round or later.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    He is relatively slow (4.82 40), not all that athletic and misses tackles.

Why are some of you so high on this kid?

A lot of ILB seem better than this guy.
    Stop pretending you've watch any games or tape of this guy. Your lack of knowledge of Minter is apparent.

When you watch LSU, his play in the box jumps out at you. He's a perfect 3-4 ILB.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Stop pretending you've watch any games or tape of this guy. Your lack of knowledge of Minter is apparent.

When you watch LSU, his play in the box jumps out at you. He's a perfect 3-4 ILB.
    Yep!! Agree with you 100% on this Big Rob. Lloyd needs to put on the tape of Minter versus Florida this past year. At 20 tackles he didn't miss many. Or Clemson at 19 tackles.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well, the experts are agreeing with ME, and it is your position that is being laughed at. Minter misses tackles and is slow. Those are just wonderful traits for an ILB, aren't they?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

and not only that but Minter rarely left the field. 3 down LB.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well, the experts are agreeing with ME, and it is your position that is being laughed at. Minter misses tackles and is slow. Those are just wonderful traits for an ILB, aren't they?
    Ha ha. Too funny. The experts are always right, huh? Again, how many games and how much tape have you actually watched of this guy? You saw his forty time and then regurgitated what some talking head may have mentioned about him.

You seem to do a lot of regurgitating.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Minter’s primary weakness is that he’s not an incredible athlete. He’s not going to impress anyone with his 40-yard dash time or vertical leap. That lack of elite athleticism can show up in coverage. He’s not going to succeed running down the seam with today’s top tight ends. He’s better in zone than man.

Minter made a number of key, game-changing plays at LSU in 2012, and that’s something that actually scares me. While certain players can obviously be bigger play-makers than others, the timing of those plays is generally random. A lot of Minter’s best plays came in clutch situations—but that’s probably due more to luck than any “clutch” factor of Minter’s—and I’m afraid people might weigh those plays too heavily when grading the linebacker. In short, Minter might be overvalued because of something that might not be repeatable.
    Exactly. Some people have insight, some don't. ILB who are just as good as Minter can be taken in the 3rd round or later. NAILED IT.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ha ha. Too funny. The experts are always right, huh? Again, how many games and how much tape have you actually watched of this guy? You saw his forty time and then regurgitated what some talking head may have mentioned about him.

You seem to do a lot of regurgitating.
    Exact opposite. I have original vision and insight. It is proven all the time. You? Well, let's just say insight isn't your strong suit.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Exact opposite. I have original vision and insight. It is proven all the time. You? Well, let's just say insight isn't your strong suit.
    Let me save you some time:

droids response to everyone.

Blah blah blah, regurgitate , blah blah blah , regurgitate. Hey! That's an ad hominy attack. You will now be banned by the mods!
    Here comes the BOOM!