Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace = No Heart

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we're only talking about Mike Wallace's production in this game, and 2 receptions for 17 yards isn't that good.

what's so funny about that and why am I nuts for thinking that Wallace didn't have a good game today?
    The title of this thread states that he has no heart. That is not a comment on a bad game, that is a comment on him as an overall player and person.

Backup

User Info Menu

I understand what you are saying Sir but I have never truly agreed with the statement that he makes the team that much better.. Do we need a speed guy ala Nate Washington, sure.. taking the top off is wonderful but our offense has never been explosive.. It always been "almost there" or a "few plays short" or the classic "a year away.." We have never been confused with the Saints or the Giants or the Packers.. We have never been high powered - we Rarely scored 30 but if we did one week then the next week we would barely hit 15.

Yes he has caught more touchdowns but As a Team we were not in the upper echelon - Its kind of like being the best looking ugly chick at a dance for the blind.. Our Passing Tds per year as a team is average - (bottom part of average) the Year He had 10 (2010) we only had 17 as a team.. The offense was not very good - 14th in the league. We have never Needed Wallace to Win super bowls, nor does Ben need him to be elite.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    The title of this thread states that he has no heart. That is not a comment on a bad game, that is a comment on him as an overall player and person.
    sorry, I was only speaking for myself and not the OP.

I should have said "I am" instead of "we're"...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Help..., Willie at it again... Win or lose... Take your pick out of the numerous threads that are started here that need further clarification by actually opening up the thread. I apologize for the lack of clarity in the original post. As I said, have a Wallace jersey, a fan of his his skills and the value he brings to the team, but his effort TODAY was lacklustered and steaming with frustration from the many no call holds. But a top five receiver can ill afford a poor showing when his team needs him the most.... I can recall two plays where he just plain gave up and seem to show no effort. Top shelf receivers overcome and take over a game.

Legend

User Info Menu

If he really did turn down a $50 million contract from the Steelers, he may be one of the dumbest players in the NFL, because if he keeps giving up on plays, he may not get an offer anywhere close to that ever again.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I suppose some folks will never be satisfied. Not one team in the league plays well every week. Parity is what the NFL has become. Parity makes it difficult for teams to improve up to fan's expectations. If you were not ready for a game like today then you must not pay attention to the league. The Eagles are a good team.

Whether people want to accept it or not, Wallace is a member of this team and contributes to wins. Ultimately, talent and the ability to play the game at a high level is what gets players paid. Wallace has proven that he is talented and can play the game at a high level. Heart or not heart, Wallace will receive a big money contract from a team because he is a talented player.
    Wallace is tired of being underthrown, overthrown etc. Ben is not the most accurate passer. However, Wallace has got to put forth more effoft. I would bench him a series to let him know that I mean business. The PERFECT PASS that Ben threw him on 3rd and short and he just put out one arm and tried to catch it, was pathetic. If he used two hands thats a catch. Ben seldom leads them on passes but when he does this idiot gives half an effort. The 2nd one would have been a great catch (4th qtr) but he STILL should have caught it. If you want the big bucks then make the big catches. If anyone complains about the wild pass into double coverage in the endzone, well Plaxico on stilts couldnt have caught that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Wallace is tired of being underthrown, overthrown etc. Ben is not the most accurate passer.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Truth hurt much?

Legend

User Info Menu

Truth hurt much?
    the truth is that Ben is the best QB the Steelers have had since Terry Bradshaw, too bad you can't see that.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Truth hurt much?
    Spreading your hate for Ben to another thread I will make this your last warning

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.