Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't Timmons get more love?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Why doesn't Timmons get more love?

[url]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6444897-74/timmons-steelers-defense#axzz387ENYOyP[/url]

Every time I watch the Steelers, I always come away feeling like Timmons is everything we could ever have hoped for. He is so steady. solid like a rock, rarely misses a tackle (can't say the same about Troy), has never got in any trouble off the field, always has the right attitude and says the right things...and yet, it doesn't seem like Steeler fan appreciates him. I don't know if I ever saw anyone wearing his jersey (not that that is the end all indicator for love, but it is somewhat of an indication of love). I just don't know why the fans don't appreciate the guy. What is missing?

Legend

User Info Menu

Because he's not a white LB from Penn State who is a local boy that everyone wanted to see on the Steelers. Plus since he was the very first #1 pick by Tomlin, he automatically becomes the whipping boy for all those who hate Tomlin and always will.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think he gets compared to other top 20 linebackers like Patrick Willis. The race card is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I also think that he's surrounded by guys that are more exciting. Deebo. Troy. They're highlight reel guys. Steady is "boring" when you're watching ESPN. He's the Jack Ham to Deebo's Jack Lambert.

Starter

User Info Menu

If he was more of a vocal veteran leader he'd get a lot more love I'm sure.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

he is king out there....but since he never smiles, never talks much, and isnt a ranting lunatic on the field he goes unnoticed

Backup

User Info Menu

Because he still makes some "WTF" mistakes. The Pryor run last year was on him. He is out of position a lot and is too easily blocked by a RB. Not saying he isn't a good ILB but he isn't elite and still makes some bone headed plays at times.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Because he still makes some "WTF" mistakes. The Pryor run last year was on him. He is out of position a lot and is too easily blocked by a RB. Not saying he isn't a good ILB but he isn't elite and still makes some bone headed plays at times.
    Come on now...that play does not fall on timmons alone, troy and the rest of them looked like idiots out there.

Timmons is rock solid

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I completely disagree. If you watch the replay, Mclendon crashes so hard to the right that a hole a bus could drive through opened up. NT in a 3-4 CANNOT crash or guess.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Because he's not a white LB from Penn State who is a local boy that everyone wanted to see on the Steelers. Plus since he was the very first #1 pick by Tomlin, he automatically becomes the whipping boy for all those who hate Tomlin and always will.
    Those might be reasons, but certainly not good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I think he gets compared to other top 20 linebackers like Patrick Willis. The race card is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I also think that he's surrounded by guys that are more exciting. Deebo. Troy. They're highlight reel guys. Steady is "boring" when you're watching ESPN. He's the Jack Ham to Deebo's Jack Lambert.
    IDK, he makes plays. Surely not as "splash" as Deebo and troy, but he is all over the field. He seems to deserve more love than he gets, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    If he was more of a vocal veteran leader he'd get a lot more love I'm sure.
    But not everyone can be a vocal leader. He is what he is, which is a very solid player.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he is king out there....but since he never smiles, never talks much, and isnt a ranting lunatic on the field he goes unnoticed
    He needs to smile to get noticed? I thought he just needed to make tackles.

I don't know that you can pin that run all on 94. Others screwed up too, like Troy.

I completely disagree. If you watch the replay, Mclendon crashes so hard to the right that a hole a bus could drive through opened up. NT in a 3-4 CANNOT crash or guess.
    I thought the entire D shifted too far right on that play.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He's the Jack Ham to Deebo's Jack Lambert.
    This is probably the most accurate observation...

Because he isn't loud and he doesn't go out of his way to attract attention to himself (other than being a rock in the defense), he goes unnoticed while others seek out the attention...