Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye, Woodley

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    IT? Is there a problem with steelers.com?
    Well we had a problem with Ike Taylor but looks like that is now resolved.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cost vs benefit ratio has been pathetic since the big contract. Maybe it will light his fire, but then the injuries will likely continue to limit him wherever he goes.

Legend

User Info Menu

i willing to bet that LAME R wont play football this year unless he gets offered 4+.
    he didnt have the desire to workout and get in shape for 8+, i cant see him doing it for half price
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i willing to bet that LAME R wont play football this year unless he gets offered 4+.
    he didnt have the desire to workout and get in shape for 8+, i cant see him doing it for half price
    Woodley is going to get much more than 4M/year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the 9M mark.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Woodley is going to get much more than 4M/year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the 9M mark.
    Very possibly, I didn't think Woirlds would get over 3-4 mil/year.

Been reading Woodley may land in Tenn. to reunite with Ray Horton.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    yep, someone will overpay for his services... and they may actually get their money's worth if he stays healthy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yep, someone will overpay for his services... and they may actually get their money's worth if he stays healthy.
    I've read about a surprising amount of interest in Woodley. If that's the case, and if, as it appears, he may get something like $8 million on a one year deal, I wish the Steelers would try to trade him. It doesn't help the cap at all this year, but it would give them a lot more room in 2015. And, realistically, I don't see this team as a SB contender until 2015.

Not sure that there would be much interest, but maybe a Levi Brown type deal, with a conditional pick. If Woodley is traded, it's essentially the same as a 1 year, $8 million deal, since the new team could cut him with no cap implications.

Backup

User Info Menu

Does anyone have our current salary cap status with Woodley off our books somewhat?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Under Rule 51 with rollover & dead money....The Steelers are 5.9 mil under the cap. That includes Worilds $9,754,000 & Woodley's full $14,170,000 of dead money. Come June 1st, the Steelers will gain an additional 8.58 mil cap room.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Under Rule 51 with rollover & dead money....The Steelers are 5.9 mil under the cap. That includes Worilds $9,754,000 & Woodley's full $14,170,000 of dead money. Come June 1st, the Steelers will gain an additional 8.58 mil cap room.
    Still need to sign Worilds long term and restructure Ben. I don't understand why they are playing games on the latter. If we don't do those two thing don't expect us to be able to play in free agency.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"