Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harrison and Ravens talking

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

With regards to the Harrison vs. Goodell thing, I thought he has done a lot better trying to avoid the head to head hits. I think he realizes he can't win that one. IIRC, I don't think he had any fines last year. As for his comments to the press, I don't know if that is hurting his stock. Teams sign players who have done worse (Stallworth, Plax, Vick, etc).

If the Steelers can bring him back next year after all the teams passing on him, maybe we get the hungry beast wanting to prove himself all over again.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Backup

User Info Menu

James doesn't hit helmet to helmet.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I doubt the Steelers are considering Harrison at this time. Unless the Steelers have flat out told Harrisons agent, " this is what we have to offer and do not contact us unless James is ready to agree. " Other than that, I don't see James or his pride coming back to the team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I doubt the Steelers are considering Harrison at this time. Unless the Steelers have flat out told Harrisons agent, " this is what we have to offer and do not contact us unless James is ready to agree. " Other than that, I don't see James or his pride coming back to the team.
    Agreed. If I were James, there is no way I'd ever play for the Steelers again. I'd play in Canada first...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Agreed. If I were James, there is no way I'd ever play for the Steelers again. I'd play in Canada first...
    Huh? Why do you say that?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It's not helping him. Only Steelers fans saw him as a victim of some grand conspiracy. other teams saw him as an arrogant "punk" who drew unnecessary attention to himself and team.
    lol...what?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    because its a message board and people can say all kinds of stupid stuff.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Because it would be obvious that the only reason he was in Pittsburgh was because no one else in the NFL wanted him. He'd have to eat it in front of all the guys that used to look up to him and at this stage of his career, after all he's done, would be horribly embarrassing.

The Canada thing was just a dig, because for a former DPOY that would be pretty embarrassing too.