Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rashard Mendenhall wins settlement against Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Rashard Mendenhall wins settlement against Champion

--- Rashard Mendenhall has won his $1 million lawsuit against Champion for dropping him after his Tweets about the death of Osama bin Laden.
    [url]http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/settlement-reached-lawsuit-filed-by-412750[/url]

I guess he'll have some relocating money to burn with a new team and City.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good to hear! Hopefully, he's able to reach a deal with the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Its been reported by media Rashard will want 6 or more mill a year to sign witht he Steelers, I doubt they would invest that amount of cash in an often injured RB.
    We''ll get a back in the draft for much less, and use the money to sign a player like Keenan Lewis possibly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    --- Rashard Mendenhall has won his $1 million lawsuit against Champion for dropping him after his Tweets about the death of Osama bin Laden.
    [URL]http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/settlement-reached-lawsuit-filed-by-412750[/URL]

I guess he'll have some relocating money to burn with a new team and City.
    It settled - no telling from the article how much he received in the settlement.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Its been reported by media Rashard will want 6 or more mill a year to sign witht he Steelers, I doubt they would invest that amount of cash in an often injured RB.
    We''ll get a back in the draft for much less, and use the money to sign a player like Keenan Lewis possibly.
    I won't be surprised by anything the Steelers do this offseason. No sooner were fans the world over saying goodbye then the press announced that the Steelers were in talks with Mendy. If he goes, he goes. Until then he's still a Steeler so I'm pulling for him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Where you have seen those reports? Not trying to be a jerk, but interested in checking them out.

Administrator

User Info Menu

No way?!?! Really??

I needed a good laugh this morning. 6 / million a year for Mendenhall... hahaha
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    No way?!?! Really??

I needed a good laugh this morning. 6 / million a year for Mendenhall... hahaha
    I can't imagine his agent or him would ask for 6 million/year and I'm sure about 10-12 up front money. I seriously doubt it, but its a crazy world out there.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Where you have seen those reports? Not trying to be a jerk, but interested in checking them out.

I think it was from a blog on S*B Nation, rumor has that from so called sources he would want that much. I laughed too at that amount but, he probably will get anywhere from 3.8 to 5 mill a year I'm thinking.
    He's still a young back and not so many miles on those legs, so he may be of interest to teams looking for a break away threat.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I think it was from a blog on S*B Nation, rumor has that from so called sources he would want that much. I laughed too at that amount but, he probably will get anywhere from 3.8 to 5 mill a year I'm thinking.
    He's still a young back and not so many miles on those legs, so he may be of interest to teams looking for a break away threat.
    Indianapolis? (Assuming Arians is back there next year...)