Thread: Baltimore or Denver

Starter

User Info Menu

Baltimore or Denver

If you do not believe that the Ravens losing their last 3 games and TS[the Steelers] winning their last three games and the division is realistic, then todays Ravens - Broncos game could be very important and helpful to TS.

Ravens are 9-4. Denver 10-3. Ravens win today both 10-4 with Bal owning the tie breaker and the #3 seed.

Then even if the Ravens lose next week to the Giants they would still be the #3 seed if Denver loses one of their final two games vs Cleveland and KC.

Now the Ravens - Cinci week 17 game is at 1:00pm and the Denver game is at 4:30. Almost certainly the #3 seed will be riding on this game making it a must win for the Ravens. Why would they even think of playing in Denver if that came about?

Now there is a scenario where Baltimore beating Cinci in the final game puts TS in the 6th seed. If TS beat Dallas and lose to Cinci but beat Cleveland in week 17. Cinci must still beat Baltimore in week 17 to get the 6th seed. TS will have the better division record. 3-3 to Cincis 2-4.

This also would put TS in Bal for the 1st game and who knows maybe Indy knocks off the Broncos. Does anyone really want to go to that crumby place.[Denver]?

Of course, if TS win their last 2 games Cinci is dead.

I just took a quick look at this a while ago but really do think it is in TS interests for Bal to beat Denver today. This would not be a surprise. They have practically owned Denver this entire past decade and blasted them frequently.

Starter

User Info Menu

Remember this [URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/joe-flacco-thinks-nfl-best-quarterback-005500221.html"]article[/URL]?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    If you do not believe that the Ravens losing their last 3 games and TS[the Steelers] winning their last three games and the division is realistic, then todays Ravens - Broncos game could be very important and helpful to TS.

Ravens are 9-4. Denver 10-3. Ravens win today both 10-4 with Bal owning the tie breaker and the #3 seed.

I just took a quick look at this a while ago but really do think it is in TS interests for Bal to beat Denver today. This would not be a surprise. They have practically owned Denver this entire past decade and blasted them frequently.

Not if Joe Flacco has anything to do with it.

Legend

User Info Menu

I dont think Denver cares about TS....

31-3 Denver
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Backup

User Info Menu

Our division race is far from over if we win today

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We can still get a home playoff game....this team needs to show up today!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yep. The division is wide open for the taking......We win the last 3 and we may end up as division champs.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Unless it's week 17 and Baltimore is playing a team that we absolutely need to lose in order to remain alive in the playoff hunt, I always root for the Ravens to lose. Always.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

i am with RB. I can't root for the Ravens against ANYONE !!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Va Steelr View Post
    i am with RB. I can't root for the Ravens against ANYONE !!!
    What about the Pats?