Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Steelers LB James Harrison blames Jovan Belcher, not guns

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think the class division is the problem. If everyone had jobs, good health, less stress, etc. we would have to worry about violence.
    It all starts with the schools. My job takes me inside school classrooms in districts and schools all over middle Georgia. It's absolutely pathetic what is passed off as education in some areas. Even if the kids took it seriously, which they don't because they aren't encouraged to, they still would not get the education kids in other areas do.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Also, to whoever cares, the correct spelling of the word is "vilify".
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    It all starts with the schools. My job takes me inside school classrooms in districts and schools all over middle Georgia. It's absolutely pathetic what is passed off as education in some areas. Even if the kids took it seriously, which they don't because they aren't encouraged to, they still would not get the education kids in other areas do.
    I agree that education is of utmost importance, but it doesn't start there, it starts at home. Kids have to have respect to learn, and they don't. Some parents simply view school as a daycare.

what good teachers want to work in urban schools where they are basically thrown into the middle of gang warfare and a rap video. And the parents complain to the school that their kids are out of control yet couldn't tell you much about their kids.

Teachers are forced to dumb down the curriculum so the kids don't fail and the schools can meet federal standards of passing kids.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 12-06-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Banter all you want. My constitution says that I can have my gun because it allows for militia activity, which ensures good government.

Ain't no one taking my gun, unless it's from my dead hand. I am willing to die on that hill.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Banter all you want. My constitution says that I can have my gun because it allows for militia activity, which ensures good government.

Ain't no one taking my gun, unless it's from my dead hand. I am willing to die on that hill.
    Militia activity does no such thing...it did, once upon a time...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think the class division is the problem. If everyone had jobs, good health, less stress, etc. we would have to worry about violence.
    "Everyone." Boy, you sure are grandiose in your thinking.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Then move. Why is it that some people simply don't accept crappy conditions and do something to make change while others just do nothing and say, "See, our schools suck, it's not our fault our kids aren't getting a good education." Then you hear of other parents who simply don't accept a bad environment and do what that have to to change it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Militia activity does no such thing...it did, once upon a time...
    It still could, but they have successfully made it so meaningful militias can no longer exist. They have vilified them.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Then move. Why is it that some people simply don't accept crappy conditions and do something to make change while others just do nothing and say, "See, our schools suck, it's not our fault our kids aren't getting a good education." Then you hear of other parents who simply don't accept a bad environment and do what that have to to change it.
    The solution is not abandoning the students to poor conditions...the solution is to help the students lift themselves up to the best of your ability...