Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Louis Nix III

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post

I'm no fan of burning 3 recent number 1 picks along the defensive front (especially in light of the Ziggy Hood failure),

yeah, especially if we're not using their pedigree in the proper way. asking them to hold up blockers isnt what 1st round type talent should be asked to do.
    three 1st round picks for a team using an attacking 4-3 would be a lot. for us, it would be ludicrous

Legend

User Info Menu

dont we have a practice squader on the roster who, in camo, beat out the now starting NT for the arizona cardinals. lets see what he's got before making another mistake like worldis - jones

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'll never understand how Steeler fans could watch Hampton...and seen with their own eyes how he freed up others to do their job...yet want another year of one gap McClendon as our anchor.
    ^^^^^^ this

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    dont we have a practice squader on the roster who, in camo, beat out the now starting NT for the arizona cardinals. lets see what he's got before making another mistake like worldis - jones

Not sure you can call our best pass rusher a "mistake" like you did Worilds. If Worilds is a mistake Woodlery is a disaster and Jones is pretty much a non-entity.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Agree completely. The 3-4 success is predicated upon having a mauling disruptive gap hog at NT. I would hope that unlike a lot of people on this board.. ahem... The brain trust addresses the NT situation. Big Snack made everyone around him better... That came from his team mates...

The debate is not someone wanting their position picked, the debate is between those who want to characterize Nix as the second coming of Hampton and more and those who just don't see it based upon his college production. Nothing wrong with disagreeing but count me as one of the guys who don't see Nix as a difference maker and the next Hampton.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The debate is not someone wanting their position picked, the debate is between those who want to characterize Nix as the second coming of Hampton and more and those who just don't see it based upon his college production. Nothing wrong with disagreeing but count me as one of the guys who don't see Nix as a difference maker and the next Hampton.
    There is one thread about Nix... and 3 or 4 people pushing for him in a draft thread.

Last year there were 20 threads about this guy named Eifert...lol.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? As I have said like 100 times, I do not think Nix will be there at 15.

By the way there are several players that I would take at 15. Not just Gilbert.
    dude, chill out. I'm not criticizing you!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    dude, chill out. I'm not criticizing you!
    I know you're not, and I am as chilled as one could be. Just thought your question was lame. Sorry.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    There is one thread about Nix... and 3 or 4 people pushing for him in a draft thread.

Last year there were 20 threads about this guy named Eifert...lol.
    Yeah...Ovi always wants something that isnt a major necessity on this team. Last year TE, this year OLB (Trent Murphy).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here is Nix versus another pretty good O-line (Stanford), last year. .59 seconds into this clip you see Nix (in a 4-3), over LG. He drives him all the way back into the QB and causes the QB to throw a pick. At 2:05 of this clip he just flat out blows up a run play. Then at 3:27 of this clip...all I can say is wow!! [URL="http://draftbreakdown.com/video/louis-nix-iii-vs-stanford-2012/"]

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/louis-nix-iii-vs-stanford-2012/[/URL]