Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: From 6-3 to 6-6

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I could see us losing the next 3. Balt. is a better team than Pgh even WITH Ben playing. They can score points and their D, though lacking stat wise, is still capable of making some plays. And the IN Cleveland game won't be easy. They have a lot of holes but can still win some games, and will be giving us a 100% effort; this game is their Super Bowl. If we do drop to 6-6 and Ben comes back, then what?

SD - win. I don't see them losing that one.
    @Dallas - I depends on the state of Dallas by then. If they are contending by then it could be a tough game.
    Cinci - should win.
    Cleveland - should win.

Even if we do drop the next 3, we could still end up 10-6 and in the play offs, but I am sure most of us will have already jumped off a bridge if we lose 3 in a row so we won't be alive to see the play off run.
    This is an ignorant statement!!!

This isnt the Rats of last year, or 5 years ago.

Wise up, weakling!!

Steeeeelers 23 Ratturds 13!!

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

How are the Ravens a better team? I call bs. There is no team in the NFL better than us. Our line is huge and getting nasty. Our defense is playing better every week. The Ravens scare me offensively but their defense is weak. The cowboys ran on them like they were little girls. Now what do you think we will do with our nasty line? Lefty on play acticon for six!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    How are the Ravens a better team? I call bs. There is no team in the NFL better than us. Our line is huge and getting nasty. Our defense is playing better every week. The Ravens scare me offensively but their defense is weak. The cowboys ran on them like they were little girls. Now what do you think we will do with our nasty line? Lefty on play acticon for six!!!!
    You guys seem to be forgetting that we scored 13 on KC.....in regulation. With Ben part of the time

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Don't get me wrong: I will be freaking out cheering for Steeler win, dog will literally hide

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    There is no team in the NFL better than us.

I hope it shakes out that way at the end of the season, but dude...after that Monday Night suckfest, you must have a mighty powerful pair of black-and-gold colored glasses...

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

It was horrible weather on Monday Night. We also got blown out by the Ravens with Ben 35-7 last season. Did you think we were done after that? I didnt. Bad games happen in the NFL

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There is no way I think Baltimore is a better team than the Steelers with Ben under center. However without Ben the Ravens probably have the advantage because the Steelers lost their difference maker. Let's all be honest....he stresses us all out from time to time but he also is the reason why we contend year in and year out. I look at it this way. Sunday is the most important game. The Steelers have to get this one and I have the feeling they will come out with their fangs showing because no one thinks they can win this game. I have the feeling that they will play well Sunday night and get a win. All Byron has to do is not screw things up too bad. This may actually help the OL with pass protection because they know where he is going to be and hopefully the ball will be coming out when it is supposed to. I actually looked at Monday night as a step in the right direction for the team in the sense that they didn't blow a game against an inferior opponent (Raiders/Titans). They found a way to come out with a victory. The week of practice with the first team will also help with Byron's game. The Steelers have to be able to run the football to be successful though. There is no doubt about that one. I just have that feeling about this game coming up. It just has that feel of victory to me....who knows? I can't explain it? I could see the team struggle in the road games against Cleveland and Baltimore in the next two weeks though. I think the Steelers could realistically run the rest of the schedule with Byron/Returning Ben and make it into the playoffs at 11-5. It's not ideal but there could be worse situations and at least and hopefully Ben will have the chance to get some reps before the playoffs and go in healthy as opposed to last year. I guess I'm trying to be the glass is half full guy!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like how Flacco has been playing when he is on top of him game, and he has a lot of weapons. It seems their offense has had greater explosiveness thus far. Ray Rice has always been a tough back. But I can't concede the Ravens are better than the Steelers. On defense the Steelers are clearly better off. The Steelers also have weapons on offense and Haley has been a very good OC. I think the Steelers will gameplan Flacco successfully. This has been one of LeBeau's best seasons as defensive coordinator despite the incessant bashing he takes by some resident morons. Overall the Pittsburgh coaching staff is the best. When you combine that with their talent and they will be in every game.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel View Post
    There is no way I think Baltimore is a better team than the Steelers with Ben under center. However without Ben the Ravens probably have the advantage because the Steelers lost their difference maker. Let's all be honest....he stresses us all out from time to time but he also is the reason why we contend year in and year out. I look at it this way. Sunday is the most important game. The Steelers have to get this one and I have the feeling they will come out with their fangs showing because no one thinks they can win this game. I have the feeling that they will play well Sunday night and get a win. All Byron has to do is not screw things up too bad. This may actually help the OL with pass protection because they know where he is going to be and hopefully the ball will be coming out when it is supposed to. I actually looked at Monday night as a step in the right direction for the team in the sense that they didn't blow a game against an inferior opponent (Raiders/Titans). They found a way to come out with a victory. The week of practice with the first team will also help with Byron's game. The Steelers have to be able to run the football to be successful though. There is no doubt about that one. I just have that feeling about this game coming up. It just has that feel of victory to me....who knows? I can't explain it? I could see the team struggle in the road games against Cleveland and Baltimore in the next two weeks though. I think the Steelers could realistically run the rest of the schedule with Byron/Returning Ben and make it into the playoffs at 11-5. It's not ideal but there could be worse situations and at least and hopefully Ben will have the chance to get some reps before the playoffs and go in healthy as opposed to last year. I guess I'm trying to be the glass is half full guy!!!
    Ben has played several years as a game manager. Having only one 30 TD season is evidence of that. Ben Roethlisberger has proven that we dont need much from the Quarterback positon, just a big play hear and there. To think that the Steelers are sunk just because Roethlisberger is gone is nutty. We have a winning record without him. Do we need him? Of course he is our guy but the notion that we are sunk without him is irrational

Legend

User Info Menu

Joe Flacco on the road this season:

09/16 @ PHI (L 23-24) 22 for 42, 52.4%, 232 yards, 5.5 YPA, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks for -18 yards, 66.8 passer rating

10/07 @ KC (W 9-6) 13 for 27, 48.1%, 187 yards, 6.9 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT, 4 sacks for -22 yards, 55.6 passer rating

10/21 @ HOU (L 13-43) 21 for 43, 48.8%, 147 yards, 3.4 YPA, 1 TD, 2 INT, 4 sacks for -26 yards, 45.4 passer rating

11/04 @ CLE (W 25-15) 15 for 24, 62.5%, 153 yards, 6.4 YPA, 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 sack for -8 yards, 94.6 passer rating

Does anyone think that Byron Leftwich is incapable of performing better than THAT?

Also, remember that Byron is facing Baltimore D that is 26th vs. the pass, 26th vs. the run, and 28th overall, while Flacco is facing a Pittsburgh D that is 1st against the pass, 5th against the run, and 1st overall. Sure, being without offensive stars like Ben and Antonio sucks, but remember that their defense is missing its heart and soul in Ray Lewis, plus both of his starting corners in Lardarius Webb and Jimmy Smith. Leftwich has enough experience in this league to know how to attack their weaknesses.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 11-17-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.