Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jarvis is Special

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    All Chadman will say about Jones' speed is this- he doesn't look like a 4.9 guy on the field.
    Suggs was a 4.9 guy. Hasn't seemed to hurt him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    All Chadman will say about Jones' speed is this- he doesn't look like a 4.9 guy on the field.
    If any defender needs to run 40 yards in a straight line on the football field, something has gone horribly wrong.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If any defender needs to run 40 yards in a straight line on the football field, something has gone horribly wrong.
    Yep!! Jarvis Jones is very fast/quick on what he need to be. 5 to 15 yards.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

yea like demaryious Thomas wrong unfortunately.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    yea like demaryious Thomas wrong unfortunately.
    Yeah, like that

Then again, now that I think about it, I suppose it could also be James Harrison in SBXLIII and something has gone horribly right!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yeah, like that

Then again, now that I think about it, I suppose it could also be James Harrison in SBXLIII and something has gone horribly right!
    Very true!!
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, like that

James probably ran at a 8.0 40 speed allowing blocks to set up

Legend

User Info Menu

Jarvis has some swagger and doesn't seem to concerned about his speed. I like this quote from him:

"'I'm a student of the game, if I know what you're doing before you do it, it doesn't matter how fast you are."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Jarvis has some swagger and doesn't seem to concerned about his speed. I like this quote from him:

"'I'm a student of the game, if I know what you're doing before you do it, it doesn't matter how fast you are."
    Sounds like an onimous pre-SpyGate Tom Brady quote once upon a time about knowing what the defense was going to do before they did it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    According to Tomlin, when Colbert said there's 6-8 guys that are special in this draft, Jarvis was one of the 6-8 guys Colbert was referring to.

This pick almost seems rigged. Steelers thought they didn't have any chance at Jarvis and didn't even talk to him until he ran a 4.9 at his pro day. They said they knew then that he could fall to them. It's like he ran a 4.9 intentionally.

And then I heard he's been working out with Ike for months. And Ike's been mentoring him. Maybe that's why we knew we didn't need Harrison and why we kept Ike cause he's been working with our 1st round draft pick for months.

This whole back story seems bizarre.
    Being anti-conspiracy to my core I WAS about to say you lost your mind Flippy.
    Let me correct that as we know your sanity is questionable.....lost your mind even more completely.

But then I recalled that Jones himself seemed quite confident that we would draft him:

“If I even get to 17, I don’t think I get past the (Pittsburgh) Steelers,” Jones told NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport. “I mean, from what I’ve been told, I don’t think I get past the Steelers.”

So yes, it is interesting

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher