Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just putting it out there..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Hmm...well I'm impressed with how he impressed his coaches and teammates. Maybe just maybe they are more qualified by exposure and experience to qualify Bell's play. Just my 2 cents.
    Baron Batch impressed his coaches & teammates in practice. Couldn't duplicate on field. None of that matters until Bell does it on the field. Production & contracts aren't a reflection of what a player does in practice. Just my 2 cents...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Baron Batch impressed his coaches & teammates in practice. Couldn't duplicate on field. None of that matters until Bell does it on the field. Production & contracts aren't a reflection of what a player does in practice. Just my 2 cents...
    Baron Batch tore his ACL and therefore was not able to duplicate on field...

Hopefully, Bell will not fall into the same category...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Baron Batch tore his ACL and therefore was not able to duplicate on field...

Hopefully, Bell will not fall into the same category...
    So a player is done after he tears his ACL? He tore it in '11. Had '12 to show what he had. Had this preseason. The old saying goes...Can't duplicate game speed in practice. Have to duplicate what you do in practice on the field. If you can't...You are junk. If & when Bell shows that...He will be "what they thought he was"...Not before. Can't crown anyone anything in the whirlpool or in sweats.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hmm...well I'm impressed with how he impressed his coaches and teammates. Maybe just maybe they are more qualified by exposure and experience to qualify Bell's play. Just my 2 cents.
    you can't talk him into being a good RB.. we need to see it in games.

Batch was a monster in practice from what I heard.. I know he was injured but once he came back he was horrible. I never saw anything that made him special and that wide open reverse pass he dropped sealed it IMO.

I'm not saying Bell isn't going to be a beast... but you can't talk him into being one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Really? I never heard the kind of comments about Batch that I head about Bell. I heard Batch was a nice guy, but never heard he was a great running back.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    you can't talk him into being a good RB.. we need to see it in games.

Batch was a monster in practice from what I heard.. I know he was injured but once he came back he was horrible. I never saw anything that made him special and that wide open reverse pass he dropped sealed it IMO.

I'm not saying Bell isn't going to be a beast... but you can't talk him into being one.
    I never heard about Batch being a "monster" in practice. I think some of you might have an active imagination. I agree though about not being able to talk Bell into being a great running back. But, may I also suggest that you can't judge him into being a poor running back either.

Legend

User Info Menu

I never heard about Batch being a "monster" in practice. I think some of you might have an active imagination. I agree though about not being able to talk Bell into being a great running back. But, may I also suggest that you can't judge him into being a poor running back either.
    monster = getting praise in practice and predictions of having an impact in our running and receiving game.

I never called Bell a poor RB..

just stated that until we can see what he can do he can't be labeled a good RB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Each year Felix Jones has been in the league his yds/att have declined.......just putting it out there.....

Starter

User Info Menu

Not sure what I would do at RB. They need somebody to keep the seat warm for Bell. Dwyer's a fumbler. Redman is a good all-around back serviceable as a starter in a pinch, but not to start a season for 4 games. Jones performed well, but is injury prone. Howling is only relevant to the discussion because he takes up a roster spot. His athleticism/special teams role keeps him on the team. Who do you let go? Not Bell or Howling. It's gotta be either Jones or Redman/Dwyer. Hard to believe they keep all 5.

If I had to bet, I'd bet on Jones not making the team, but only out of injury concerns. I think Dwyer's also on the bubble and one of these guys won't make it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Bell gets his leg stepped on by a 300lbs lineman and heez a bum now. or a NEVER WAS?.. lets wait and see before we start labeling.. Heez been great in camp and everyone has good praise about him.. patience.. Coach Wilson said he never coached a RB like him before.. No mental mistakes displayed.
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...