Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: does this change anyones opinion of wallace now?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I feel more comforable now that Mark Kaboly has proclaimed Mike Wallace will never sign with Steelers. It seems Mark Kaboly has an axe to grind against Mike Wallace. Isn't he the same guy who said Plex has almost signed with Steelers last season???

Nowhere in the article it says why Mike Wallace declined the offer? More guaranteed money or signing bonus?? What are his sources?? No details on contract whatsoever.
    I just noticed Kaboly blocked me on Twitter because one day I busted his chops about when he made the comment: "The Plax signing is a done deal".
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    nope, and I hope he decides to stay.

I can't blame wallace for wanting top dollar, nor do I blame the steelers for not wanting to pay it. This is a business and wallace has a finite time to make his money. Its his decision and his alone.

no hard feelings either way.
    I agree...no hard feelings but if Wallace is going to be unreasonable then ship him out so we can move on. If he has an issue with how the Steelers successfully do business trade him to someone who may please him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree...no hard feelings but if Wallace is going to be unreasonable then ship him out so we can move on. If he has an issue with how the Steelers successfully do business trade him to someone who may please him.
    Ovi, the problem i have with this is that we will receive a 3rd round comp pick when we lose him next year anyway. why settle for more than likely a second rounder when we control his rights for the next year or two. maybe someone gets hurt in preseason and some team gets desperate for a wr? maybe one of our guys gets hurt later in the year and we need him for the playoff run? as much as i would like to move on past this clown, part of me wants the steelers to stick to their guns and dont cave in to wallaces demands. RFA this year and franchise tag him next. let him make 12 million over 2 years and then get that 3rd round comp the next .

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought Wallace was handeling things with his ego and not his brains when this all went down. I don't fault a guy for wanting paid what he is worth but, he isn't in my opinion the x-factor when push comes to shove. If I recall his stats dropped off towardds the middle or end of the season. Maybe it's double coverage maybe it's something else but, for the money he wants his stats shouldn't drop off, he should be a constant and a game winning changer.
    We will survive without him and we will do well too. Don't allow the departure of Wallace make you believe we can't win.
    Let some other team over pay for the guy and rob other areas of their team from spending those dollars on a stronger unit. The Steelers know what they ae doing and that is what comforts me and allows me to rally around the players that we have and players that want to be a Steeler.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I thought Wallace was handeling things with his ego and not his brains when this all went down. I don't fault a guy for wanting paid what he is worth but, he isn't in my opinion the x-factor when push comes to shove. If I recall his stats dropped off towardds the middle or end of the season. Maybe it's double coverage maybe it's something else but, for the money he wants his stats shouldn't drop off, he should be a constant and a game winning changer.
    We will survive without him and we will do well too. Don't allow the departure of Wallace make you believe we can't win.
    Let some other team over pay for the guy and rob other areas of their team from spending those dollars on a stronger unit. The Steelers know what they ae doing and that is what comforts me and allows me to rally around the players that we have and players that want to be a Steeler.

great post.
    i am having a hard time with all the posters that are supporting wallace and his reported outrageous demands. why are so many steeler fan hoping wallace gets 10-14 million per year that will ultimately hurt the teams chance at winning down the road is beyond me.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I think what the problem has grown into is a distraction for the team. The FO has decided to move on as a result. Sure, it would be nice to have Wallace sign a long term contract but it's not in the cards. I see it like management being a contractor making bids on jobs. He simply doesn't win all the jobs. And, he has set financial parameters to work within for each.
    "Let's see...who do we play next Sunday?"

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e152/dart5219/BeliCheat.jpg

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

thanks squidkid, we want players that have hwart lol. i don't see this being a distraction for the team and why would it be. when they are out on the field practicing i doubt any of them are worrying about mike wallace. they know it's just the way things are. if they're distracted by this kind of stuff then anything can get to them. they're probably more concerened about statying or getting in to shape, earning a spot on the team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

squidkid-

please show me one fan that is "hoping wallace gets 10-14 million per year". At least try and be factual instead of pulling stuff out of your backside.

most rational fans want the steelers to retain wallace somewhere near the 9 million per year mark. You, on the other hand, seem to want to throw a tantrum and make wild exaggerations.

the steelers are a better football team with mike wallace. Sorry you can't see that.

Legend

User Info Menu

here's what keeps bugging me, we know Cleveland is far, far, far under the cap and they have no legitimate starting WR beyond Little. Why haven't they tried to offer Wallace a boatload of money? Something is amiss in this Wallace deal...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    The Steelers know what they ae doing and that is what comforts me and allows me to rally around the players that we have and players that want to be a Steeler.

This is the key part of what you said. The Steelers did not give Brown the contract they did just to tweak Wallace's nose. They see these guys everyday and obviously they made a value judgement that Brown was worth that money. Maybe they want Wallace but they aren't willing to break the bank for him. That speaks volumes.

It has been mentioned many times before that Wallace does not have a lot of leverage because of the depth we have at WR. He definitely has overplayed his hand from the time this thing started.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"