Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's alright people- nothing to fear...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Nope, it would just be a third...higher in the round, yes..but not higher than a third.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I am glad they are gone.
    I am not mad at all they are gone. I am mad at the way we have drafted and that we have pushed cap money into the future on certain veterans where if we wouldn't have dead money and were capable of drafting better they would be cut for cheaper players, allowing us the money to address other needs on a key free agent or two. Not all free agents are expensive.
    This.

Three players on the roster total from the 2006-2009 (FOUR) draft classes. Those are 26-29 year-olds. The "prime" production years for NFL players.

Wait.... it's five now because we brought back William Gay and Matt Spaeth.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Wallace was an UFA, so he had no years left. Now they could have traded him before LAST season and gotten a draft pick...but once the 2012 season was over, he had no more trade value. I believe Mendenhall was an UFA as well. No trade value at this point, and probably couldn't have gotten anything for him last offseason, as he was still recovering from the knee injury. Maybe we could have traded a player like Willie Colon, who was still under contract...but I think teams would've been reluctant to pay what we were paying to a player who has been knocked out by injury 3 years in a row. And the way the rules are, we might have been on the hook for a pretty big cap hit for Colon for 2013 anyway. You'll be happy to know that next season, we'll have at least two or three comp picks coming.
    I did not think it would be easy. But, how many fans thought that Wallace was going to be a Steeler in 2013 before the season started. Maybe 2. And apparently Colbert was one of them. They slapped a 1st rd RFA thing on him and waited. 99% of the fans were hoping someone took him. That did not happen of course [it never does, does it?] so that was when somehow he should have been unloaded.

Mendenhall returned Oct 7 against the Eagles. He did very well 13 68 5.2 avg.
    Prior to this for a month they were showing him working out. He looked like the best conditioned player on the team. The trade deadline is late in October.

It is easy for me to talk and say that was a chance to unload him because I did not like him and was hoping he would be gone anyhow. But, apparently he was also not in TS plans either cause now he's gone anyhow.

Of course, I am probably wrong about all this but nonetheless the end results the way it did work out was zippo. My way could also have been a zippo. But the worst case scenario there was a draw.

Incidentally, someone pointed out that those comp picks can be tricky. They do deduct your FA losses from your FA gains.

What might be more relevant here is how should TS handle contract impass situations and/or malcontents in the future. Zippo does not get it.

btw: I am thrilled with the prospect of all those comp picks next year. But, right now I am willing to trade all of them and maybe throw in a certain undisclosed FO to boot for a 2nd rd pick this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bottom line is we could of traded Wallace last offseason and got a first round pick for him. Think about having two first round picks in a month and a half when the draft clock starts.
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

Fear? If the email I got last night is anything close to being accurate you guys haven't seen nothing yet.

And don't waste your time, I'm not going to post it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Fear? If the email I got last night is anything close to being accurate you guys haven't seen nothing yet.

And don't waste your time, I'm not going to post it.
    Then why mention it?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelnavy View Post
    I am GLAD that they are gone. Their talent did not over ride the problems that they caused. Good riddance. And team work/chemistry IS more important.
    It's nice to see some people actually get it. Others? Not so much. I am also glad FUMBLEhall and Wall@SS are both gone. But (and here where the more simple don't get it) the fact that they are gone and the fact that Pgh looks worse than ever are not mutually exclusive events. You see, it CAN be possible that losing the jerks with bad attitudes is a good thing, but the OTHER loss of talent AND the fumbling of the junk additions still make the team worse off EVEN THOUGH losing the jack @sses was STILL a good thing. I know some struggle with any concepts that are more complex than a wet turd, but that doesn't make them untrue.

Loss of malcontents = good for locker room chemistry.

Loss of other talent + moronic signing of rubbish = make the team worse.

I know to the slower of wit, they can't grasp that both these statements can be true at the same time. They are simply not mutually exclusive.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Having Wallace and Mendenhall wouldn't make me feel better at all about this upcoming season...

Having both of those guys didn't keep Ben healthy over the last two years...having both those guys didn't help us win a SB...

If Ben can stay healthy, the Steelers can be contenders...
    Shhhhhhhhhh. Don't deal in logic or reality. Some have trouble grasping those things.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I wonder if team chemistry can replace these numbers by Wallace:

2012 YRDS. AVE. TD'S

836 / 13.1 / 8

2011 1193 / 16.6 / 8

2010 1257 / 21.0 / 10

2009 * 756 / 19.4 / 6 Rookie

TOTALS:

4042 / 17.2 / 32
    I wonder if those #s can help out a crappy, bad attitude and lack of effort? How do those #s help a GIANT smile after dropping an easy TD pass? Or, not bothering to bend over for a low pass? Have you guys ever played sports?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I wonder if those #s can help out a crappy, bad attitude and lack of effort? How do those #s help a GIANT smile after dropping an easy TD pass? Or, not bothering to bend over for a low pass? Have you guys ever played sports?
    Question:

Out of all our players on offense who found the end zone the most................