Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So Who Is the New Stud?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought this thread was going to be about me.

I would say McClendon but I don't think they'll give him as much playingtime since Hampton is back.

Ziggy has gotten in better shape but I don't think he has the technique

If they kept two TE on the field I would say Saunders. They hardly throw to Heath so that theory is out.

Given the chance I see Sanders being a star but, he won't get that chance.

Carter won't be a stud or anything like Harrison if that is what some of you have on your wish list.

The only guy outside of Gilbert that has a chance is Lewis. I say these two because they are new and will get the playing time. They won't be studs, too much growing pains your first starting season.

All and all, I see no new studs this season except for Rainy on special teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I thought this thread was going to be about me.

All and all, I see no new studs this season except for Rainy on special teams.
    if you're not going to say overwhelmingly positive things about all of our Steelers in every post we are going to have to ban you from this message board...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I will continue to feel sick about the DeCastro injury because it means Foster is playing in his place. More of the problems we have seen the past couple of year. Foster is an adequete back up but he is not top line starter material like DeCastro can become.
    again with this same drivel all year, awesome.

foster was one of the more consistent OL we had last year, but your personal bias won't let you admit it. And your boy urbik got effin whipped 2 weeks ago, but yet not one peep about he "was released too soon".

foster won't be the reason we win or lose. I'm confident he will hold up his end. He just won't be perfect as you seem to expect.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if you're not going to say overwhelmingly positive things about all of our Steelers in every post we are going to have to ban you from this message board...

ahhhh, you need to kick the dust of the tavern's site from your shoes hawaiin. This is an adult site with no little children throwing temper tantrums because someone did not agree with them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    again with this same drivel all year, awesome.

foster was one of the more consistent OL we had last year, but your personal bias won't let you admit it. And your boy urbik got effin whipped 2 weeks ago, but yet not one peep about he "was released too soon".

foster won't be the reason we win or lose. I'm confident he will hold up his end. He just won't be perfect as you seem to expect.
    I'm a little mixed on Foster personally. He'll have great blocks in the running game. Then he'll be a step late and a complete liability in pass pro that almost gets Ben killed on the next play. He's extreme in his play - sometimes great, sometimes not so much.

The one thing that I was impressed by him in the preseason was how well he handled himself at RT. I thought he would have really struggled because he's not the quickest guy off the ball and I would have thought that would mean he would struggle with the fast guys off the edge. But he just looked comfortable out there on the edge.

At the same time, I get rooting for a guy like this. I have a soft spot for the unheralded UDFAs and the overlooked guys.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The one thing that I was impressed by him in the preseason was how well he handled himself at RT. But he just looked comfortable out there on the edge.

At the same time, I get rooting for a guy like this. I have a soft spot for the unheralded UDFAs and the overlooked guys.

me too, I've always had a soft spot for underdogs...

and , he looked really good at RT.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There's no bandwagon, but I am hoping Carter is the new stud. We really need him to step up. Now!

That said, Rainey looks pretty exciting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

BUMP!! I say Oveido owes me an apology
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I say Ziggy Hood...

Nice........

Pro Bowler