Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Todd McShay Round 1 Mock: Steelers pick OLB Jarvis Jones

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Mark Kaboly‏@MarkKaboly_Trib:

First-round projected Georgia LB Jarvis Jones is visiting the #Steelers.

[URL]https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib/statuses/319113729260257280[/URL]
    If he's there at #17, I think he's got the inside track of being our pick.

I know some are saying that we rarely pick OLB in the first round. In the Cowher era that might have been true but it's not accurate under Tomlin because he picked Timmons to be an OLB.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    If he's there at #17, I think he's got the inside track of being our pick.

I know some are saying that we rarely pick OLB in the first round. In the Cowher era that might have been true but it's not accurate under Tomlin because he picked Timmons to be an OLB.
    Keep in mind that pick was made just two months after Tomlin got the job. At that time he was drinking from the firehose and I don't think that all these years later he ever thought we would still be running the 3-4. If you remember, every reference made to Timmons was Derrick Brooks, the outstanding Tampa 4-3 OLB. I think that Tomlin really thought we would be switching to the 4-3 and Timmons would be his Derrick Brooks or Lawrence Taylor.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Keep in mind that pick was made just two months after Tomlin got the job. At that time he was drinking from the firehose and I don't think that all these years later he ever thought we would still be running the 3-4. If you remember, every reference made to Timmons was Derrick Brooks, the outstanding Tampa 4-3 OLB. I think that Tomlin really thought we would be switching to the 4-3 and Timmons would be his Derrick Brooks or Lawrence Taylor.
    Then shame on him.. AGAIN. If you remove that draft from profile then his drafts have REALLY sucked. He's the freakin' HC and he has the ability to make those calls. If he's incapable of making those calls then he's incapable of being a HC.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers host Jarvis Jones

Posted by Mike Wilkening on April 2, 2013

The Steelers are hosting former Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones on Tuesday, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette said.

The 6-foot-2, 245-pound Jones notched 28 sacks in two season with the Bulldogs. The Steelers, who pick No. 17 in Round One, released veteran outside linebacker James Harrison in March. Jason Worilds, who’s the most likely replacement for Harrison on the roster, is entering the final year of his contract.

While he’s a well-regarded prospect, Jones reportedly did not run particularly fast at Georgia’s Pro Day. What’s more, he has a neck condition said to have been discovered when he was at USC. Jones, for his part, said he’s checked out well from a medical perspective.

Jones ranks No. 25 on Rotoworld draft analyst Josh Norris’ Big Board.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/9/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha