Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Steelers are back ... right?

Starter

User Info Menu

Back? Back from where or is it back to where?

This has been an unusual season so far maybe a real quick summary will help answer the Q.

TS[the steelers] are sitting at 1-2 with some hard to explain losses. Fans are writing eulogy after eulogy etc. The Eagles come in and TS get back to 2-2. If you looked hard you might have thought there was a flash of a running game here. Mendy was back and Redman[could that quick speedy looking guy possibly be Isaac Redman? Must be he's wearing #33.]

TS are now 2-2 and many fans are breathing again. It's on to Tennessee and lets get this season going finally. But, it does not happen and another disappointing loss has TS at 2-3. More obits are forthcoming.
    \
    Then begins the reversal in form. In comes Washington TS win. But, a headscratcher since the Skins contributed a lot. Nonetheless, TS did stop cold a real hot QB. But back? Not really, making progress yes. Then, on to Cinci. Win rather easily. But, then again, TS always win there. Back a bit maybe. However, again some real positive bright spots. Are TS really finally after what seems like a zillion years actually learning how to run the ball? Sure looked like it. Hmm! 2 straight wins but a major test in NY coming up. Well, you saw it, but again how much did the extraneous conditions contribute? Nonetheless, possibly the best complete total team 4thQ in eons.

So, back? No! At least not If you mean by back a legit take it all type contender. TS must take care of business the next two weeks to qualify for that distinction. Because, you cannot sell Baltimore short. They are still plenty capable.

Eich summed it up pretty much in this post:

Eich said: "They've established an identity, a personality. It's become a team you can really get into.

Imagine how much fun it'll be around message boards if we punish KC and then take down the Rats !! That's what everyone is salivating for at this point in the season. Bring on the Rats!!!"

---But regardless, back or not back, all the progress by so many players in this recent stretch is sure making everyone smile.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Ravens are still a good team and could easily still be better than Pgh.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    What is your bet on what really happens?

1. A 100+ yard rushing game will occur?
    2. An imposing Defensive performance will occur?
    I'll go with both but we still only win by less than 7 because of inability to get TDs and mental mistakes.

Starter

User Info Menu

Originally Posted by Oviedo [URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=531791#post531791"][/URL]

What is your bet on what really happens?

SteelAbility said: "I'll go with both but we still only win by less than 7 because of inability to get TDs and mental mistakes."

---I just happened to be reading a PG article talking about how TS[the steelers] might in the future use a two RB setup at the same time. Then a paragraph about the Chief's popped up. It said:

Radical idea, two tailbacks in the same backfield? What in the world of Franco and Rocky could he be thinking? Or, for that matter, Jamaal Charles and Peyton Hillis. The Kansas City Chiefs use such a formation and, in fact, list it as their first-team offense.

It works for them, sort of. Charles is the fourth-leading rusher in the AFC with 634 yards, and the Chiefs have the No. 3 running attack in the NFL with an average of 149.9 yards per game. If they had not turned the ball over a league-high 29 times, Kansas City might have something there rather than a 1-7 record.

Read more: [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-two-rbs-could-be-ticket-for-success-661108/#ixzz2Bo9gQH00[/URL]

I don't really want to even mention the unthinkable thought that hit me when I saw those lines Oviedo wrote----

But by who? All of a sudden I definitely am not looking past this game to the next. 29 freaking turnovers sure must have put a lot of pressure on their D.

I mean last year TS beat them 13 - 9 in what was usually described as an ugly type game. Somehow, KC managed to stay in the game till the very end and they did it with a Tyler Palko type QB to boot---Holey --------? It actually was Tyler Palko.

Definitely better not look past this game.

Legend

User Info Menu

but, but...this is a passing league! Woe to the fans that want to return to the old fashion Steelers ground game! [sarcasm]
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    but, but...this is a passing league! Woe to the fans that want to return to the old fashion Steelers ground game! [sarcasm]
    Run the ball the way we did in the 70s, we all know that's what Art II wants...

Yoi and Double Yoi!!!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Now that I've heard on the radio what the Bengals did to the Giants and that the Giants usually tank in Novemeber, I'm not so ready to appoint our Steelers kings of the football world just yet. Ahhhh, what the heck, the Steelers always was a team that could expose good teams, make them lose and then watch the teams future go down in flames. I still think we are growing and improving as a team.