Thread: The Defense did its job tonight...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Defense did its job tonight...

...shame to see the effort wasted but with the rusty Leftwich at the helm, we needed to be the better team in one of the other two phases to win.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

They did all but one key thing... score points. Tonight they needed to.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    ...shame to see the effort wasted but with the rusty Leftwich at the helm, we needed to be the better team in one of the other two phases to win.
    Rust _AND_ injured. I am sure we are going to find out his rip meat is jacked up. Remember when Daryl Green tore his during a run with the Skins? I think the same thing happened to BL. He tried to gut it out, but reality is, he shouldn't have been out there.

Legend

User Info Menu

LeBeau put together a good plan.... but the reality is Flacco took very few chances downfield, which is their normal mode of scoring.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    LeBeau put together a good plan.... but the reality is Flacco took very few chances downfield, which is their normal mode of scoring.
    I thought Collinsworth did a great job of showing the defensive plan on preventing the deeper routes, plus give credit to Ike & Lewis - they played great.

Kudos to the D-Linemen too - very stout game against a RB with a history of gashing us.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Best game of the year by the defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Defense stepped up. Played aggressive and blitzed like they should every game. Great play by the DBs. LB performance was a mixed bag. One of the better games by Woodley this season. Timmons continues to be the best LB by far! Harrison continues to show he is a shadow of his former self. Foote showed he can't cover anyone.

I also thought Heyward was a bright spot last.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

This is turning into the same old story....Great defense...horrible offense....Its been like that for years.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Lewis is Digest Player of Week

Bob Labriola
    Steelers Digest

When playing the Ravens, it’s equally important to control the running of Ray Rice as well as the passing of Joe Flacco. Keenan Lewis had a hand in doing both.

Lewis led the team with 10 tackles, including one for loss, and broke up two passes to key a defensive effort in which the Ravens punted eight of the 11 times they had the ball.

Lewis is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were: LaMarr Woodley, who had five tackles, one sack and two hits on the quarterback; James Harrison, who had eight tackles, including one for loss, and a sack; and Ike Taylor, who held Torrey Smith to one catch for 7 yards.

As a whole, the Steelers defense deserves kudos for their performance over the course of the game’s 60 minutes. In 11 offensive possessions that weren’t kneel-downs, the Ravens were forced to punt eight times and missed a field goal on a ninth. Rice managed only 40 yards on 20 carries, and the Ravens finished with 200 net yards of offense.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Lewis-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/9b38e31d-ee78-4f60-aee7-18dae5d0bea7[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This defense CANNOT force turnovers. Until they do, this team is going NOWHERE.