Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Give a choice, I'd take Russell Wilson over Ben right now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    LOL... Russell Wilson is who Ben used to be when Ben was a rookie. I would love to have the hot hand right now but who knows how they are going to play next year or 2 or 3 years down the road. Ben used to scoot for 1st downs and keep the D honest with his feet.

I complain...I'm still mad.... but you... you sound like you don't even like this team.
    Yea, you're right: I don't like ___THIS___ team, because I am a Steelers fan and this current version of the team I love is a disgrace, so why would I like a team that I support that is a disgrace? They lack discipline, focus and effort. I despise when my favorite team has those qualities. So, yup, I don't like it in the condition it is. If I had a son who was a criminal I would love my son, but not the current state of that son.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think Loid is just admiring Wilson's play... but just threw Ben in it so it would stay on the board.
    As I admire another team/player, I cannot help but to compare and contrast said player/team to the Steelers. It's only natural. People do it on this board daily. That Wilson dude is a stone cold killer. And he is far less sloppy then BB, he is focused and sharp, as opposed to Bonehead Ben, who is lackadaisical and careless.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    You would take Russell Wilson? Good for you, he's a heck of a player. Are you looking to trade for him or something? Aside from looking for an opportunity to slam Ben, do you have a point?
    I think my point was abundantly clear: I accurately perceived Wilson as a superior QB to what Ben is. Right now, RW is already a better player than the current version of BB - period, end of story. And who would have ever thought that would be the case of this rookie QB. I know I would have never predicted that before this season. No way. And yet, it is a reality.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    You know Russell Wilson is exactly where Ben is right---On his couch. Differnce is Ben is polishing his rings!
    He better keep the polish out as Wilson has a far better chance of winning rings in the next 5 years than does Ben. Look at the immediate future of the two QBs and teams: who's future looks brighter? It's not even close. Oh, and the difference is that Wilson MADE IT TO THE POST SEASON this year, how did Ben do on that front? FAIL.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Wilson has one full season under his belt and Kaepernick has even less than that. Those two guys could have Hall of Fame careers or be benched halfway through next year, and anywhere in between. Remember when Vince Young had his one good year in this league? Led the Titans to the playoffs right? How did that end up for him?

To mention any of these guys names in the same sentence with Ben at this point in their careers is ridiculous. Lets let these flavor of the year QBs get a few years under their belt before we give them a gold jacket.
    VY has a flawed character. Neither of these guys show any sign of poor attitude. VY is mentally weak. Check back with me in a few years and lets re-visit where these two QBs rate. And where BB rates as well. Both CK and RW illuminate stellar focus, drive and effort. BB already thinks he's a god and god's don't need to put in all that much effort, as Ben takes his sloppy play on the field and is late game pics ruined our chance at the post season. He blew it with game-losing pics vs. Dallas and Cinci that cost us the season. But, Mr. "What me worry" just will be rolling with his unfocused, undisciplined play and the days of contention will not return until he gives a crap. He clearly doesn't really now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I think my point was abundantly clear: I accurately perceived Wilson as a superior QB to what Ben is. Right now, RW is already a better player than the current version of BB - period, end of story. And who would have ever thought that would be the case of this rookie QB. I know I would have never predicted that before this season. No way. And yet, it is a reality.
    OK, so what is your point? Do you want to trade for him or were you just looking to extol the young man's virtues? You could have started a thread about liking Alfred Morris over Mendenhall or Tony Gonzalez over Heath, but you didn't. I just figured you might have a real point.

Legend

User Info Menu

There's tape on these guys now, lets see how they all do next year after DCs have a chance to really digest the offenses, tendencies, etc. The read option that RGIII and KaepernikGreat, you think Ben stinks, that's your prerogative, but he is a proven winner for 9 years, not just one. I'll take Ben until he retires and you can go pick out the latest and greatest quarterback based on a couple games.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    There's tape on these guys now, lets see how they all do next year after DCs have a chance to really digest the offenses, tendencies, etc. The read option that RGIII and KaepernikGreat, you think Ben stinks, that's your prerogative, but he is a proven winner for 9 years, not just one. I'll take Ben until he retires and you can go pick out the latest and greatest quarterback based on a couple games.

Pappy
    Exactly! I love Wilson, and wanted to the Steelers to daft him as a backup, but lets see how his career progresses before we have him fitted for his HOF jacket. That said I think he will continue to be a very good QB. But I would still take Ben in a heartbeat. He was on track for his best season ever before he was hurt.

Starter

User Info Menu

On a side not has anyone noticed that Kaepernik has the throwing motion of a young Byron Leftwich??? That ought to take him far in this league.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    Agreed. It's funny how people flock to the flavor-of-the-day when it comes to quarterbacks.

Wasn't long ago that Cam Newton was the best thing since sliced bread. Some of these new guys (Cam, Wilson, Kapernik, Luck, RGIII, etc..) may turn out to be HOF material. But you can't tell from a single season. The best QB's do it consistently over time.