Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enough with the Tomlin threads

Administrator

User Info Menu

What I don't get is how people can't acknowledge the FACT that Tomlin's early success was attributed to the team he inherited. It really is that simple.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, Snatch, what's so hard to understand, "If you don't like my polluting your what used to be a fine board w/ my verbal equivalent of the runs, well just go somewhere else. There's a new sheriff in town, and starting today, whiny, incessant, repetitive, over the top, sky is falling, hang them all, "Burn Her!" byotching is king. ANY efforts on your part to change things so that there are "reasonable" discussions will NOT be tolerated. Got it?"

(How come there's no /eyeroll/ smiley here??)
    Last edited by SanAntonioSteelerFan; 09-30-2013 at 03:45 PM.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Then imagine the thread title is "Enough with the doom and gloom"

I'm as disappointed with the Steelers as anyone but this place is awful right now.
    Agreed. I've always liked this board because there was a lot of well thought football posting. It seems lately that it's just become meltdown central. While some posters are keeping it together with interesting and knowledgeable posts, they are being overrun with crybaby jackassery. I've been a part of this board for several years now and I hate to just chuck it altogether, but this vitriol and whining is making me not want to hang around.

Shawn is right. I don't have to come here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Why are you protective of Tomlin? Two bad years in a row, this one looks to break some records and he is above reproach?
    Protective? More like realistic..

we are in a nice downward spiral... but it's Tomlin's first downward spiral. It's not like we are getting beat by 40 every week either... we are 3 or 4 plays from winning most games.

We finally got younger but obviously it's come with a price. Everyone is looking at Seattle, SF and other teams who went 5 to 10 years without making any noise and now that they are hot everyone expects us to keep pace. We were hot for the last 6 years or so... it happens to the best of them so it damn sure was bound to happen to us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    No..it's important to vent and to call people out when there job performance is below average.......Just like politicians .....
    How about just like some posters? That's what Snatch98 *IS* doing!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Yeah, Snatch, what's so hard to understand, "If you don't like my polluting your what used to be a fine board w/ my verbal equivalent of the runs, well just go somewhere else. There's a new sheriff in town, and starting today, whiny, incessant, repetitive, over the top, sky is falling, hang them all, "Burn Her!" byotching is king. Got it?"

(How come ther's no /eyeroll/ smiley here??)
    So, now it's about being above other posters and judgmental? Somehow being better than other fans enough to correct their berevement of the team they loves passing is somehow cool to do? If it makes you feel better I suppose.

The fact is this...the Steelers are 0-4 without a win in sight. Many fans including myself are frustrated and it's going to leak out onto the boards. That is our right to do so. It's also your right to judge that. But, keep in mind most here are decent people who just love their Steelers. Giving people a little grace to byotch on the Monday following an 0-4 start might be prudent. Thanks.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    What I don't get is how people can't acknowledge the FACT that Tomlin's early success was attributed to the team he inherited. It really is that simple.
    Bump Bump .....agreed....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    what I don't get is why you keep repeating it over and over... even Ovi isn't this bad... SIKE he is... but at least he shows flexibility and talks about other things. All you do is bash Tomlin.

Administrator

User Info Menu

0-4 is a meltdown.

0-4 in a very sloppy preseason was probably an indication of a future melton.

Losing 5 of your last 7 last year as well as losing to horrible teams should have more indication of a meltdown.

Unfortunately, in all of this meltdown..... The blind eye to the meltdown didn't stop it from starting and it surely stop as it's progessing unless action is taken.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    How about just like some posters? That's what Snatch98 *IS* doing!
    Last time I checked we are fans who don't get paid anything let alone millions of dollars to post opinions. Giving people some grace to byotch for a day or two might be indicated.
    Trolls are people too.