Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Steelers just got better and most of their fans dont even realize it!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    What I watched was mostly Ben over throwing Wallace, under throwing Wallace. Bens a gun slinger and he's not a pure passer type that can always drop the ball in a receivers hands in stride. That is how I see it. I'm glad they didn't pay him what the Dolphins did. If that kind of action was going on, Arians would have kept his job and Wallace would have got his big Steeler contract.
    No. Arians lost his job because he was the fall guy for our defense blowing leads in the 4th quarter.

And what happened in 2012? The evil Arians was fired, the evil pass happy QB was put in his place by Art II, and the defense blew six 4th quarter leads in 16 games anyway.

Ben and Wallace lit up the league from 2009-2011. Not sure what team you were watching.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yea that is why the offense has always with your boys not broke the top 15 in the league. Not going to look to be sure, you can prove me wrong instead. Great offense lighting up the league NOPE! Oh yea Wallace sure lit up the super bowl loss.

Backup

User Info Menu

The Steelers were 9th in points, and 12th twice in points with Arians.

The Steelers were 7th, 12th, and 14th in yards with Arians.

Try again.

Art got what he wanted. He got his buddy's kid a job and put Ben in his place.

He also got an 8-8 season.

This team is screwed until Art realizes HOW they need to win games and quit worrying about pleasing out of touch idiots.
    Last edited by Siggy00; 03-14-2013 at 02:13 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With the talent Arians had the Steeler offense should have been able to put teams away in the second and third quarters of the games. Other teams can put up points in a big way. Rooney seen his quarterback getting crushed and an OC unwilling to do anything about it. And yes, Wallace was a non factor in the big games. Whos fault is that, Wallace, Arians or Bens ? I'm not trying to turn this into an Arians thread. The guys gone, he's history and so is Wallace. As I said, these guys would have seen the contracts and the money had they only performed their jobs better.
    You actually believe Rooney got rid of sometype of great or decent OC in favor of someones kid ? Wow !

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    With the talent Arians had the Steeler offense should have been able to put teams away in the second and third quarters of the games. Other teams can put up points in a big way. Rooney seen his quarterback getting crushed and an OC unwilling to do anything about it. And yes, Wallace was a non factor in the big games. Whos fault is that, Wallace, Arians or Bens ? I'm not trying to turn this into an Arians thread. The guys gone, he's history and so is Wallace. As I said, these guys would have seen the contracts and the money had they only performed their jobs better.
    You actually believe Rooney got rid of sometype of great or decent OC in favor of someones kid ? Wow !
    That is the Crash philosophy....don't be shocked...

Backup

User Info Menu

With the talent Arians had the Steeler offense should have been able to put teams away in the second and third quarters of the games.
    The offense can't stop the defense from giving up points to start games, and giving up points RIGHT AFTER the Steelers score themselves.

And that happens A LOT with this team.

We're trying to run the ball like they did 30 years ago, and the defense is swapping scores.

That's why we hardly blow teams out.

And it's been a problem for years.

Rookie

User Info Menu

There are also games lost when the defense doesn't give up a TD...or, God forbid, when the defense scores one...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    There are also games lost when the defense doesn't give up a TD...or, God forbid, when the defense scores one...
    How many over the years? It's not even a close comparison and you know it.

2nd most 4th quarter/game winning drives given up since 2007.

That's not the work of an "elite defense".

And that's just the losses. That doesn't count the games they've given up leads and the offense came back and won it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    How many over the years? It's not even a close comparison and you know it.

2nd most 4th quarter/game winning drives given up since 2007.

That's not the work of an "elite defense".

And that's just the losses. That doesn't count the games they've given up leads and the offense came back and won it.
    [sarcasm]It's amazing that our defense is the only defense that allows scores. I guess they are horrible. [/sarcasm]
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    [sarcasm]It's amazing that our defense is the only defense that allows scores. I guess they are horrible. [/sarcasm]
    Horrible? No.

Overrated? Absolutely.

They don't make plays anymore. They don't cause turnovers anymore.

Then our offense gets the ball at their 20, scores an 80 TD drive, and keeps the defense off the field.

Which in turn, inflates their "ranking".