Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: One big Steelers blunder: Kraig Urbik

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    But, but, the Steelers didn't make a mistake letting him go.
    They definitely made a mistake. We wouldn't had been stuck with Kemo last year and wouldn't had been forced to retain Colon this year. Even though some can't admit it, Urbik has turned out to be better than any Guard we have had playing this season.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Again, I say this and it cannot be denied...

Urbik would have stayed on the team if he had done one of two things:

1) Win a starting job

or

2) Have positional flexibility as a backup

He either didn't do that or was not able to do that here. It's wonderful that he's found a place in the NFL. But, I wish he could have done that here. He couldn't. You can feel free to judge him on whatever he is able to do in Buffalo. I prefer to look at what he accomplished here, which was being cut....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He did have position flexibility. He could back up at 2 of the 5 line positions....offensive guard.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    He did have position flexibility. He could back up at 2 of the 5 line positions....offensive guard.
    Could he? Are you sure?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is complete bull****. How about Alfred Morris with the Redskins? You don't need an elite back to run the ball in the NFL anymore. You need a great o-line.
    You need BOTH. Steelers have a good OL, they just need a RB that can get the job done.

I used to play OL in college. When we had a great RB, we were the kings of the hill, (OL) when he got hurt- no so much. (Same line too). Wonder why?
    Last edited by pfelix73; 12-19-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    You need BOTH. Steelers have a good OL, they just need a RB that can get the job done.

I used to play OL in college. When we had a great RB, we were the kings of the hill, (OL) when he got hurt- no so much. (Same line too). Wonder why?
    yeah... I'm not sure how a person can point to a rushing attack with CJ Spiller as proof the OL is better with Urbik. Is their Center better than Pouncey because of their rushing attack compared to ours?

One could say our rushing attack is better because we had a few 100 yard games with Redman and Dwyer... IMO that's more impressive. These guys have no moves and are pretty slow compared to Spiller.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post

Do you honestly believe the Steelers have a "good OL?" Really? What games are you watching?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Do you honestly believe the Steelers have a "good OL?" Really? What games are you watching?
    Asked and answered:

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    One could say our rushing attack is better because we had a few 100 yard games with Redman and Dwyer... IMO that's more impressive. These guys have no moves and are pretty slow compared to Spiller.
    Also, the Steelers have given up only 3 more sacks than the Bills...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Asked and answered:

Also, the Steelers have given up only 3 more sacks than the Bills...
    Yet it also has been shown that Urbik is better than Colon or Foster in pass protection.

Some people just can't admit the Steelers make mistakes with players just like other teams.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Yet it also has been shown that Urbik is better than Colon or Foster in pass protection.

Some people just can't admit the Steelers make mistakes with players just like other teams.
    So, you deny that Urbik had two training camps in Pittsburgh to show what he could do? To earn a starting job or learn another position?