Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Steelers Watch

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan Mundy with an INT that he just took back about 90 yards to the 1 for the giants

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Will Allen, interception vs. the Cowboys...better than all Steeler DBs combined.

Still can't figure why we didn't re-sign this guy. Not much $, but a solid player.
    i'll take shamarko thomas' upside more than what will allen can produce. No slight to you BHD or the FO but the pressure was to get younger on D. BTW Mundy almost had a pick six lol!! Tough call nevertheless.

Backup

User Info Menu

Ryan Mundy of the Giants just intercepted the football and ran it 70+ yds to the one yd line

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Will Allen, interception vs. the Cowboys...better than all Steeler DBs combined.

Still can't figure why we didn't re-sign this guy. Not much $, but a solid player.
    I agree... very solid. One of the off season personnel moves that I shake my head at.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    i'll take shamarko thomas' upside more than what will allen can produce. No slight to you BHD or the FO but the pressure was to get younger on D. BTW Mundy almost had a pick six lol!! Tough call nevertheless.
    why is there a choice? If we are truley in a rebuilding mode, and trying to get younger...why not cut the injury prone Troy loose? When's the last time he came close to giving us a 16 game season?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I agree... very solid. One of the off season personnel moves that I shake my head at.
    Instead of signing old trash Foote/Gay/ Buress maybe they should have resigned Allen or A real tackle.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Ryan Mundy with an INT that he just took back about 90 yards to the 1 for the giants
    Allen and now Mundy...each better than all Steeler DBs combined when it comes to INTs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    why is there a choice? If we are truley in a rebuilding mode, and trying to get younger...why not cut the injury prone Troy loose? When's the last time he came close to giving us a 16 game season?
    Allen was solid when Troy was out last year...the $ saved by cutting Troy loose would have gone a lot farther toward a rebuilding program than the $ saved dumping Allen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Instead of signing old trash Foote/Gay/ Buress maybe they should have resigned Allen or A real tackle.
    I could handle not signing foote going into season if Sean Spence is healthy. I don't have a problem with the 1 to 2 million dollar veteran signings... it's the 10 million a year guys that are a year away from being gone... that really has me scratching my head.

Should have kept guys like Kenan Lewis, Will Allen, etc around and got us a "Real Tackle" to protect Ben's blind side

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    They should have kept Allen. He was a solid backup who is lighting it up tonight as a starter. I like Thomas, but you keep Allen around until he's ready. (Good riddance to Mundy.)