Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I think it was a bad decision to go for the field goal...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Don't agree...Suisham had plenty of distance on the previous FG & they obviously felt he was good from that distance to feel good about it. It was just a little short...it happens.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Flasteel, I agree with 100%. Dude has never made a kick over 52 yards in all his career. If you make them go 90 yards you at least have a chance the time runs out on them.
    One would think. But they probably would've demaryius Thomas'd us.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Don't agree...Suisham had plenty of distance on the previous FG & they obviously felt he was good from that distance to feel good about it. It was just a little short...it happens.
    So the fact that he has never ever made one from that distance doesn't mean anything? The fact that if you miss you probably will lose the game?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

I've had it with some of Tomlin's decisions. A 54 yd FG is crazy. I had to laugh when he called a TO before the kick. He's the only one I know who would ice his own kicker.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd have gone for a 1st down before trying a 54 yard FG. I did not like the running play for a loss of 1 yard on 2nd down.

Legend

User Info Menu

You know, thinking about it and with all respect ... if we have to discuss so passionately how to NOT LOSE THE GAME WHEN WE HAVE THE BALL ON THEIR END OF THE FIELD, the point is moot - we are arguing from a position of suckiness, and the real problem lies elsewhere other than what call to make in that specific down and distance situation.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Starter

User Info Menu

not even mad at SUSHI.. as others have said, it was out of his range.. bad call by Tomlin, indeed.. they shoulda went for it or punted. as others have mentioned..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    So the fact that he has never ever made one from that distance doesn't mean anything? The fact that if you miss you probably will lose the game?
    Tomlin just said what I thought in the post-game presser...added that the time-out was due to playclock & wanted to settle everyone down & not rush it.

I understand the concern but considering how well he hit the previous FG you've got to have some faith in the player he'll hit it.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Backup

User Info Menu

We should have punted, but maybe Suisham should have kicked it harder. We also probaly should have run more effective plays on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down before the kick. I'm just really tired of every game...not just ours, coming down to the the final drive with the team who has the ball last winning. This is now the NBA. And for trying to make the game safer we seem to be getting alot more people hurt. Does that make any sense??

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I'd have gone for a 1st down before trying a 54 yard FG. I did not like the running play for a loss of 1 yard on 2nd down.
    Another unfortunate play...as the commentators pointed out, the play was there to the right but Batch missed it & took it inside for the loss.