Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RuthlessBurgher Fantasy Playoff Challenge (to keep games interesting since we're out)

Legend

User Info Menu

RuthlessBurgher Fantasy Playoff Challenge (to keep games interesting since we're out)

Rules are pretty simple. Give me one player from each of the playoff teams to give you fantasy points until that player's team is eliminated from the playoffs. We did something similar to this a few years back (I think stlrz_d ran it once upon a time), but I made a few tweaks (eliminating kickers and defense, for example). Anyone can join (i.e. you didn't have to be in one of our PlanetSteeler fantasy leagues to be eligible). Here goes:

One AFC QB, Two AFC RB's, Two AFC WR's, and One AFC TE.

One NFC QB, Two NFC RB's, Two NFC WR's, and One NFC TE.

This is not a typical fantasy league where only one guy has Adrian Peterson...everyone can choose Peterson on their team if they want to. I can pick Peterson and Lynch, but someone else may prefer Peterson and Gore, or Lynch and Morris, and so on...everyone has the full slate of playoff eligible QB's, RB's, WR's, and TE's to choose from.

You'll get 1 point for every 10 yards rushing or receiving. 1 point for every 25 yards passing. 6 points for all TD's (passing, rushing, receiving, or returning...if, say, your RB or WR also happens to return kicks or punts...no points for return yardage, though...not getting that complicated here). 2 points for all 2 point conversions (passing, rushing, receiving). You lose 2 points if for all interceptions and lost fumbles. Fractional points count.

You must choose your full team before the first playoff game kicks off Saturday afternoon. No changes can be made after that point. You are stuck with those players for the rest of the playoffs. I will tally scores after each weekend to determine who is leading, but an overall winner will not be determined until after the Super Bowl is over.

I'll give you my team as an example:

AFCQB: Peyton Manning (DEN)
    AFCRB: Arian Foster (HOU)
    AFCRB: Ray Rice (BAL)
    AFCWR: A.J. Green (CIN)
    AFCWR: Reggie Wayne (IND)
    AFCTE: Rob Gronkowski (NE)

NFCQB: Aaron Rodgers (GB)
    NFCRB: Adrian Peterson (MIN)
    NFCRB: Marshawn Lynch (SEA)
    NFCWR: Julio Jones (ATL)
    NFCWR: Pierre Garcon (WAS)
    NFCTE: Vernon Davis (SF)

This weekend, I get no points from Peyton, Gronk, Julio, and Vernon, since they are all on byes. I will have 8 active players (2 in each game). And then the players from my losing teams get eliminated. In the divisional round, I will have my remaining 8 players all active (2 in each game). Then four more guys get eliminated when their teams lose. I'll have 4 active players during conference championship weekend (2 in each game), and then finally 2 active players in the Super Bowl (1 for each team).

Post your teams here before gametime on Saturday. Get in the game! If you want to keep your team hidden from few until everyone submits, then you may PM me your team instead if you wish (I will reveal any PMed teams after the playoffs start on Saturday). Good luck!
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 01-02-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

AFC -

QB: Andrew Luck
    RB: Arian Foster
    RB: Ray Rice
    WR: AJ Green
    WR: Demaryius Thomas
    TE: Rob Gronkowski

NFC-

QB: Aaron Rodgers
    RB: Alfred Morris
    RB: Adrian Peterson
    WR: Sidney Rice
    WR: Michael Crabtree
    TE: Tony Gonzalez
    Last edited by D Rock; 01-02-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

AFCQB: Tom Brady - NE
    AFCRB: Stevan Ridley - NE
    AFCRB: Arian Foster - Hou
    AFCWR: Wes Welker - NE
    AFCWR: Demaryius Thomas - Den
    AFCTE: Rob Gronkowski - NE

NFCQB: Aaron Rodgers - GB
    NFCRB: Frank Gore - SF
    NFCRB: Marshawn Lynch - Sea
    NFCWR: Greg Jennings - GB
    NFCWR: Jordy Nelson - GB
    NFCTE: Tony Gonzales - Atl

I'm putting my eggs in the NE vs GB SuperBowl even though I'm rooting for a Indy/Seattle or Indy/Washington SB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

I'm putting my eggs in the NE vs GB SuperBowl even though I'm rooting for a Indy/Seattle or Indy/Washington SB.
    I had done something similar, but then realized we had to pick one player from each of the 12 teams

Legend

User Info Menu

AFCQB: Ton Brady (NE)
    AFCRB: Arian Foster (Hou)
    AFCRB: Ray Rice (Bal)
    AFCWR: A.J. Green (Cin)
    AFCWR: Reggie Wayne (Ind)
    AFCTE: Jacob Tamme (Den)

NFCQB: Aaron Rogers (GB)
    NFCRB: Adrian Peterson (Min)
    NFCRB: Alfred Norris (Was)
    NFCWR: Julio Jones (Atl)
    NFCWR: Sidney Rice (Sea)

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 01-03-2013 at 02:17 PM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

D Rock's right flip...you can have one and only one player from each playoff team. 12 playoff teams...12 players on your fantasy playoff squad (1 player from each team).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    AFCQB: Peyton Manning (Den)
    AFCRB: Arian Foster (Hou)
    AFCRB: Ray Rice (Bal)
    AFCWR: A.J. Green (Cin)
    AFCWR: Reggie Wayne (Ind)

NFCQB: Aaron Rogers (GB)
    NFCRB: Adrian Peterson (Min)
    NFCRB: Marshawn Lynch (Sea)
    NFCWR: Julio Jones (Atl)
    NFCWR: Pierre Garcon (Was)

Pappy
    That team looks familiar, Pap. Does this mean that I have to share the title with you when I win?

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    AFCQB: Peyton Manning (DEN)
    AFCRB: Arian Foster (HOU)
    AFCRB: Ray Rice (BAL)
    AFCWR: A.J. Green (CIN)
    AFCWR: Reggie Wayne (IND)

NFCQB: Aaron Rodgers (GB)
    NFCRB: Adrian Peterson (MIN)
    NFCRB: Marshawn Lynch (SEA)
    NFCWR: Julio Jones (ATL)
    NFCWR: Pierre Garcon (WAS)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That team looks familiar, Pap. Does this mean that I have to share the title with you when I win?
    Don't worry about that, I took care of that technicality already for you guys.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll update mine to some different players; you had your selections in first. I didn't even notice your picks;wow, talk about great minds.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    wow, talk about great minds.

Pappy
    Now I'm worried about the quality of my picks.