Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bob Labriola: Guy Whimper probably close the door to Starks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That isn't even enough weight to be a quarterback in today's game.

Pappy
    It's bigger than Shmarko.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Every time I read this guy's name Labriola, I chuckle the same way I do when I read the thread title "Deville Does the Offseason".
    lol - flippy's a perv!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    OK.

He's engaged to Ima Moanin.

She's keeping her last name.

So she'll be known as Ima Moanin-Whimperer.

They're opening a leather shop.

How's that?
    at least she's not marrying Will Gay!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    lol - flippy's a perv!
    LOL I can't help everything on the board seems so darn funny lately.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm ok with this signing. I do not think it closes the door on Starks. I still believe Starks will be brought back if he doesn't secure a contract with a promise to start. When he brings his "wants" down and is willing to sign for vet min with only a chance to compete for LT...He will sign. Whimper is a good no risk signing. He wasn't brought here to start. He may get some work at G too. He is depth and if a 1st year player or rookie can beat him out...It cost them nothing to release him. If you could get Starks back for min and sign Caldwell or Legursky you look pretty good for camp.

I sometimes read into more things than most. With the reports of Miller being on schedule to return, I came up with this. Miller will not go on the PUP. He will start on the 53 and be inactive for some of the earlier games. Whimper can serve as your #3 TE or blocking TE if he makes the 53 & is active. Whimper was involved in alot of tackle eligible plays at the Jags. He was also coached by new Steelers OL coach Bicknell as a rookie with the Giants. So add in a whole new "position flexibilty" tab. Experienced camp body with OL depth potential. Typical Steeler signing that could make them better with low cost.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    LOL I can't help everything on the board seems so darn funny lately.
    s'ok... i'm TOTALLY a perv! I almost always find something out of nothing...

Legend

User Info Menu

lol - flippy's a perv!
    This is news to you?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lol - flippy's a perv!
    Pervy Flippy

Beware ....

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF4_a1QsYZM[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

Max Starks visiting Chargers

Posted by Mike Wilkening on May 8, 2013, 7:32 PM EDT

The list of capable veteran tackles has gotten shorter in the days after the draft with Bryant McKinnie re-signing with Baltimore and Tyson Clabo joining Dallas.

Now, the Chargers are reportedly taking a look at one of the more dependable left tackles still on the market. According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, San Diego hosted free-agent tackle Max Starks on Wednesday.

The 31-year-old Starks started all 16 games at left tackle for Pittsburgh in 2012. However, the Steelers could be going young at the position, with Mike Adams and Marcus Gilbert looking likely to be the starters if the club doesn’t add any other tackles. Also, the Steelers signed ex-Jaguars tackle Guy Whimper for depth earlier this week.

Whimper is a right tackle, the position Starks played when he entered the NFL. Over the years, though, Starks has become a serviceable left tackle, and he has helped Pittsburgh get through the last two seasons at the position.

Starks would not figure to be a long-term option for the Chargers, but he would give them a solid pro on the left side for 2013 and would add another experienced veteran to the line.

[URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/08/report-max-starks-visiting-chargers/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/08/report-max-starks-visiting-chargers/[/URL]
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Talked to Max Starks About Returning; Starks Now Likely to Sign With the San Diego Chargers

By Kyle Curry on May 9, 2013

According to Ian Rapoport former-Steelers left tackle Max Starks is going to visit with the San Diego Chargers today. The Chargers are still looking for a left tackle to protect Phillip Rivers blind-side and Starks is looking for a starting job so that may just be the perfect marriage for the two sides.

Last year the Chargers had the most inconsistent offensive line in the NFL. Starks, a year ago, started all 16 games at left tackle for the Steelers so he would give them a consistent lineman, which is something they desperately need.

Many Steelers fans wondered why the team wasn’t looking to bring back Starks to compete with Mike Adams and Marcus Gilbert to be the team’s left tackle in 2013. However, according to multiple sources the Steelers did reach out to Starks, but he wants a starting job and with Adams and Gilbert ready to start the Steelers weren’t willing to offer him what he wanted.

The Steelers will have to hope that Gilbert and Adams can consistently man the left and right tackle positions in 2013, though, because if they don’t we will all be wishing for Starks.

Pittsburgh, to fill their need for depth at the tackle position, signed veteran offensive tackle Guy Whimper. Whimper was a fourth round pick of the New York Giants in the 2006 NFL Draft. He played for the Giants from 2006-2009 and then played for the Jacksonville Jaguars from 2010-2012.

During the last two years he has player right tackle, left tackle and tight end for the Jaguars and has caught three passes including a touchdown reception last season. Over his six NFL seasons Whimper has played in 67 total games and started 22 games. However, 21 of those starts have come in the past two seasons and he started 15 games during the 2011 season.

Hopefully the injury bug won’t bite the Steelers offensive line again in 2013. If it does Whimper may see playing time and in 2012 he was rated as one of, if not the, worst offensive tackles in football. He also gave up 14 sacks during his 15 starts during the 2011 season.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/steelers_talked_to_max_starks_about_returning_star ks_now_likely_to_sign_with_the_san_diego_chargers/13582580[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha