Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Next Years Draft

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Among senior safety prospects, T.J. McDonald (USC), Kenny Vaccaro (Texas), Robert Lester (Alabama), and Baccari Rambo (Georgia) are candidates to be taken on the first 2 days of the draft. Junior safety prospects Tony Jefferson (Oklahoma), Eric Reid (LSU), and Matt Elam (Florida) could join them if they decide to declare. Anyone for spending 2 of our top 3 draft picks in order to get two of these guys? We've had success doubling down before in the same draft (LB's Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley, WR's Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown, CB's Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen, OL David DeCastro and Mike Adams).

Cant say I would be upset with taking 2 safety prospects early, hopefully we can get Keenan Lewis and Sanders back along with Starks, Foster, and Legursky. Then maybe draft Eric Reid, Baccari Rambo and then someone like Shayne Skov. Take an OLB prospect then maybe a TE/WR guy like Jake Stoneburner

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I like Tony Jefferson and Matt Elam very much. Rambo and Lester could prove to be great ballhawks.

Vaccaro misses a ton of tackles. He whiffs way too much to be a Steeler. I've seen him make some amazing plays, but he misses way too many routine ones. That defense is straight awful and he is one of the reasons.
    Eric Reid, Jefferson, Elam, Rambo. I woudn't mind any of these.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    If Wallace leaves as a FA, is traded, or is signed to a one year tender, I think that a WR becomes a high priority. WRs typically take a year or two to develop, and if Wallace is gone, I think the Steelers will need another deep threat and/or a big WR to compliment Brown and Sanders.
    Yes...agreed. Now please see my signature. Terrance Williams covers both and more. Good size, can get vertical, make the tough catches over the middle, scores a bunch of TD's (10 so far this year), more than likely will be available at or near the end of round one, and he is one fine model American. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Among senior safety prospects, T.J. McDonald (USC), Kenny Vaccaro (Texas), Robert Lester (Alabama), and Baccari Rambo (Georgia) are candidates to be taken on the first 2 days of the draft. Junior safety prospects Tony Jefferson (Oklahoma), Eric Reid (LSU), and Matt Elam (Florida) could join them if they decide to declare. Anyone for spending 2 of our top 3 draft picks in order to get two of these guys? We've had success doubling down before in the same draft (LB's Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley, WR's Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown, CB's Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen, OL David DeCastro and Mike Adams).
    Bacarri Rambo to me is the best pure free safety in this entire draft. Ball skills for days. Been plugging him for two years. Problem is, or maybe not a problem depending how one looks at it, is he got in trouble for smoking weed. So he is probably going to drop to late second to end of third round. Vacarro and McDonald I believe are better suited for SS. Lack cover skills to play FS. I love Tony Jefferson. He plays all over the field. He could actually play a lot what what Troy plays. Eric Reid is probably the best all around safety but he too may end up being moved down the road to SS.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I would say OLB then S. If Spence is expected to fully recover, ILB will not be up there but the unknown may bring on a pick in the 3rd.

I'm basing it off my preditions for 2013: Harrison released. Hampton not brought back. Foote brought back on 1 year vet min. Lewis signed long term. Wallace Franchised. Sanders Tendered. Mendy allowed to shop & only signed at bargain with Steelers.

It would not surprise me at all to see OLB, S, ILB as the first three picks. As of right now, I haven't seen anyone on the roster that has "starter" written all over them at those spots in reserve. Spence didn't get his chance and his injury may be a concern. I think he would have pushed Foote to the bench by now. All the other LBs had some type of opportunity and didn't flash. We have seen all the S's with the exception of Golden. I really feel the Steelers will have to come out of this draft with future starters at OLB & S....And I'm thinking a pass rusher to start the season.
    JPN, I always enjoy your draft insight. I agree with you some here. If James Harrison isn't brought back next year ($30 million over the cap next off season), then I think OLB is number 1 priority. If he does come back then I think replacing WR Mike Wallace is number 1. Then I want a real ILB....like Kevin Minter of LSU. He is a 3 down LB who plays well at all aspects of that position. I guarantee you, if the Steelers were to get one like him, Lebeau then can turn Timmons lose.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Bacarri Rambo to me is the best pure free safety in this entire draft. Ball skills for days. Been plugging him for two years. Problem is, or maybe not a problem depending how one looks at it, is he got in trouble for smoking weed. So he is probably going to drop to late second to end of third round. Vacarro and McDonald I believe are better suited for SS. Lack cover skills to play FS. I love Tony Jefferson. He plays all over the field. He could actually play a lot what what Troy plays. Eric Reid is probably the best all around safety but he too may end up being moved down the road to SS.

IMO I would take Eric Reid in a heartbeat because Troy's SS position is where we need the most help. Except for games in Denver, Ryan Clark is more reliable than Troy right now. However, as I have stated numerous times, we need two safeties in this draft unless we think Golden is a real factor in the future and not another Ryan Mundy.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The player Johnson that got hurt the start of the season, I was never impressed with him. Is he on IR was he cut and whatever the scenario is with him, I don't want him back. The fullback Johnson we have now seems to be doing just fine so far.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    The player Johnson that got hurt the start of the season, I was never impressed with him. Is he on IR was he cut and whatever the scenario is with him, I don't want him back. The fullback Johnson we have now seems to be doing just fine so far.
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES to this. Will Johnson is ten thousands times the player David Johnson is.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES to this. Will Johnson is ten thousands times the player David Johnson is.

So your saying you agree with me ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mr. I won't have a fullback in my offense threw David Jonson against the wall and he stuck. Heck, he probably didn't even stick. Arians put no effort in getting a real fullback or at least didn't study any player well enough to see if he could be a fullback. Johnson was a crummy bummy from the start and Arians didn't care because he's a dope.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, when I heard Arians was realeased it was like a Phoenix rising from the sun. And no longer do I have to chant, " serenity now" while I watch our offense.