Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: more firsts for tomlin?

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=squidkid;583075]
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    OP jumped the gun?

Good thing the game is 60 minutes and not 30....[/QUOTE

you do realize all those things still happened, right?..............typical 'fan' that only sees the final score and doesnt understand any other part of the game
    and adjustments were made and corrected the problem, the very thing that I have been hearing for years that Lebeau never does. Lebeau haters see one side of the story as long as it reflects poorly on a coach that has forgotten more about football than anyone on this board knows about football.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=papillon;583184]
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post

and adjustments were made and corrected the problem, the very thing that I have been hearing for years that Lebeau never does. Lebeau haters see one side of the story as long as it reflects poorly on a coach that has forgotten more about football than anyone on this board knows about football.

Pappy
    ding ding ding

we have a winner

Legend

User Info Menu

I understand the frustration with the second quarter... but I don't understand how someone always sees the bad after a win and never post anything positive.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I understand the frustration with the second quarter... but I don't understand how someone always sees the bad after a win and never post anything positive.
    This is EXACTLY my position as well..

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The defense got positively chewed up in the second quarter...

What happened in Q3 and Q4?

I'm as concerned with a bad Q2 provided the defense responds...they did, and pitched a shutout in the 2nd half...and the Steelers won...

THAT'S where this is going...
    There was a point befor the first half was over that I thought they could have scored 50 on us... Glad we responded.

Legend

User Info Menu

Apparently it is OK to rip LeBeau for a sucky defense in part of the game, but it's not OK to applaud him for making adjustments to the point of allowing them to win a game......

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Apparently it is OK to rip LeBeau for a sucky defense in part of the game, but it's not OK to applaud him for making adjustments to the point of allowing them to win a game......
    Ahhh, but the OP was NOT ripping LeBeau for LeBeau's defense's sucky 2nd Qtr. He was ripping Tomlin. Then when it was pointed out that this was LeBeau's responsibility, he started talking about how other posters didn't know enough about football. Next, after it was pointed out that adjustments were made AND we won the game ... well, heck, the person who responded was only worried about a win and not the aesthetics/beauty of a football game.
    IMHO, the OP thought we were going to lose (as did most of us at that time), jumped the gun and was ready to put it all on Tomlin. The fact that this approach backfired in his face was pointed out to him, and he has not been heard from in this thread since.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I agree. Crickets in this thread from the lebeau bashers. The defense was taken to the woodshed in the second quarter and hell was being raised, adjustments were made and the D played stellar in the second half. I guess the last 30 minutes of football didn't feed into certain agendas.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Ahhh, but the OP was NOT ripping LeBeau for LeBeau's defense's sucky 2nd Qtr. He was ripping Tomlin. Then when it was pointed out that this was LeBeau's responsibility, he started talking about how other posters didn't know enough about football. Next, after it was pointed out that adjustments were made AND we won the game ... well, heck, the person who responded was only worried about a win and not the aesthetics/beauty of a football game.
    IMHO, the OP thought we were going to lose (as did most of us at that time), jumped the gun and was ready to put it all on Tomlin. The fact that this approach backfired in his face was pointed out to him, and he has not been heard from in this thread since.
    another fan who doesnt get it. the original post was made at halftime, what was stated was the truth. another poster waits until after the game was over, couldnt comprehend the originasl post and said 'i jumped the gun'. how is stating a statiscal fact jumping the gun? that's as stupid as saying the score was 27-20 lions at half, steelers win, and then some 'fan' says, 'you jumped the gun' after the game ended. whats one have to do with the other?
    i didnt respond because i realize alot of 'fans' only look at the score and dont understand other aspects of the game. why beat me head against the wall to explain something real simple. i am kinda wondering why i am wasting my time with you because i think you are the same way.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    another fan who doesnt get it. the original post was made at halftime, what was stated was the truth. another poster waits until after the game was over, couldnt comprehend the originasl post and said 'i jumped the gun'. how is stating a statiscal fact jumping the gun? that's as stupid as saying the score was 27-20 lions at half, steelers win, and then some 'fan' says, 'you jumped the gun' after the game ended. whats one have to do with the other?
    i didnt respond because i realize alot of 'fans' only look at the score and dont understand other aspects of the game. why beat me head against the wall to explain something real simple. i am kinda wondering why i am wasting my time with you because i think you are the same way.
    But why say Tomlin , when Dick is in charge of the D. When it's a fact that Dick always crumbles against good QB play going all the way back to Cowher days.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]