Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I was wrong

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    you want the reason for Woodley's hammy pulls?

That ninja kick crap he does after a sack. Probably started there and just kept getting worse.
    Actually, every time I see him do that I think he is on the verge of hurting himself. You might not be totally wrong on this one.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

lloydroid,
    You may want to take your theory down to the Steelers FO, I'm sure they will be all ears.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    It turns out Pgh wasn't going overboard with lifting heavy free weights in the season - they are doing the exact opposite, and THAT is likely leading to all the injuries. It turns out that Pgh mostly uses machines for weight training, and THAT is the problem. Machines don't allow for the huge benefit of muscles stabilizing the chain and core, which is a huge benefit of free weights. That would explain why SF was so low in injuries, because they do lots of free weight work.

Reality is, Pgh has only two power racks in their entire gym. Sources say they use more machines than any other team and free weights are virtually non-existent. My source says every single NFL team uses more free weight training than do the Steelers.

So, I was right in that something in their training was likely to be adding to injuries, but it was the exact opposite of what I thought. It appears Pgh is pretty lax in what they require players to do in the weight room, and they are under the false belief that cutting out most all of free weights is safer. They are not benefiting from the stabilizing effect of free weight training, as all other clubs are.
    You have been here for 6 months and you already have 1632 posts. From what I have seen from your posts its a lot of hot air. Maybe you should post more quality and less quantity.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    lloydroid,
    You may want to take your theory down to the Steelers FO, I'm sure they will be all ears.
    That's basically among the lamest response on football boards. You could say that about every single opinion ever posted. "Go tell the FO, I am sure they would want to listen to your opinions." I could say the same thing about every single thing you post on. But I don't feel the need to go immediately to the lowest level of content. There is nothing special about laying in the mud with pigs. Oh, and unlike your blathering, I actually have knowledge on the subject.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    You have been here for 6 months and you already have 1632 posts. From what I have seen from your posts its a lot of hot air. Maybe you should post more quality and less quantity.
    A WVU fan? OK, I can see how you don't realize some are fast thinkers. It's OK. I've been to WVU.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A WVU fan? OK, I can see how you don't realize some are fast thinkers. It's OK. I've been to WVU.

and once again you move to calling someone an idiot

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

and once again you move to calling someone an idiot
    Ignoring what I was responding to once again? How convenient. You are a one-trick pony, per usual. Let's just forget the part of the initial personal attack, shall we? Oh, and the list of your ad hominem attacks is long and bloated.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know... its like passing by a MVA on the side of the road, you can't help but look. Trying to engage in debate with a narcissist is futile. Entertaining mind you, but inevitably futile.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ignoring what I was responding to once again? How convenient. You are a one-trick pony, per usual. Let's just forget the part of the initial personal attack, shall we? Oh, and the list of your ad hominem attacks is long and bloated.

really? please show me this list, because I really don't think it exists.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

really? please show me this list, because I really don't think it exists.
    Just the ad hominem attacks on me alone would suffice.