Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: KC/Steelers game thread: Pre & post game thoughts

Backup

User Info Menu

Tomlin is not a bad coach. I just think he has kinda lost his way. And he is a little bit more worried about his players liking him, rather then respecting him. But Tomlin does have alot of good things about him. I just wish he had a little, not alot, but a little " Coughlin " in him. Get in his players face when it's needed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    As I said last night, I understand this is the preseason, and the game results are not Important. But what is Important is the continual results of poor execution, and undisciplined players. Our penalty accumulation over the past 3 seasons is ridiculous.
    And the way our Head Coach has continued to not get his team up for teams that are so very obviously less talented then us is as I see it, a huge problem. I mean take last season, we finished 8-8, but, we lost to Oakland-Tennessee-Cleveland-San Diego....ALL of them so very bad teams. To me ANY Coach can get a team prepared to face a Quality opponent. But to me, the true measuring stick of a Head Coach is, does he get his team up, and keep them up, and prepared for the lesser teams.

And that IS something that Tomlin for the most part has failed at doing. Like I said, I will give it the first 5 games. I mean Tennessee, at Home no less. The pathetic Jets, who will be starting a very RAW Rookie QB, Chicago at Home, and yes we play At Minny, but that is in reality the London game, and usually the steelers have more out of the country fans then anyone. So I suspect that London game will really be more of a Home game for us then Minny.

Like I said, I CAN'T see us worse then 3-2, we will go into Cincy as underdogs, and we might lose that game. Maybe we lose one more. But no way we should be 2-3 after those 5 games, or worse. If we are, I think that SHOULD be considered and reflected on Tomlin's Inability to properly prepare his team....Once again!!

After our first 5, thats when I will start to evaluate.
    Of course, don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument. Since Tomlin's arrival the Steelers win rate against teams with losing records is 76%. Their win rate against teams with winning records is 50%. This happens to be EXACTLY Cowher's record against winners and losers.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Of course, don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument. Since Tomlin's arrival the Steelers win rate against teams with losing records is 76%. Their win rate against teams with winning records is 50%. This happens to be EXACTLY Cowher's record against winners and losers.
    What was Cowher's record with Roethlisberger?

Coach Cliche has had Ben his entire career. To discredit Cowher's work by comparing the Tomlin/Roethlisberger era against the Cowher/O'Donnell, Tomzack, Graham, Stewart, Maddox is totally unfair. Cowher did much more with much less. I really think the pieces of the puzzle were in place for Cowher to win 3 or 4 super bowls. It was a shame he left it for Tomlin to destroy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TomlintheClown View Post

Coach Cliche has had Ben his entire career. To discredit Cowher's work by comparing the Tomlin/Roethlisberger era against the Cowher/O'Donnell, Tomzack, Graham, Stewart, Maddox is totally unfair. Cowher did much more with much less. I really think the pieces of the puzzle were in place for Cowher to win 3 or 4 super bowls. It was a shame he left it for Tomlin to destroy.
    That would be 81%, but all of the loses coming the year after Ben's phenomenal rookie season, meaning even with a HOF QB Cowher's record was ordinary.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I missed the game, recorded NFLN replay and am watching it now well into 2nd quarter. Ben looks great, his arm looks really strong. Cortez looks great too. McClendon looks like a beast against the Chiefs interior OL. And Timmons looks great. I doubt Cothcery is going anywhere but in PGH. IF the OL grows into its role (a huge "if), this offense will be very good.

Bad call on Cortez, he was clipped into the QB. Got to contain these mobile QB's better than happened last night.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TomlintheClown View Post

Dude your hate is really showing... More with less get real
    One thing Cowherd had was a good OL along with Bettis and a Pro Bowl caliber defense across the board.
    Woodson
    Lake
    Kirland
    Chad BROWN
    Kelvin G
    Greg L
    Steed
    just to name a few look up his teems and come talk then.
    And Oh He loved Kordell so those excuses are very lame.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think some of these posters just became fans after the recent SB wins lol, because they post garbage and don't even know the history of the team.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

is it just me or has the board somehow gotten much more snarky the last couple of months?
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I think some of these posters just became fans after the recent SB wins lol, because they post garbage and don't even know the history of the team.
    Every offseason we recycle the same trollish posters under new names. I think some a bored regular members and others are guys who have been removed from here numerous times. Offseason tomfoolery.

Legend

User Info Menu

• Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
      Every offseason we recycle the same trollish posters under new names. I think some a bored regular members and others are guys who have been removed from here numerous times. Offseason tomfoolery.

But "Shawn" remains eternal
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"