Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Does Everyone Assume...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Why Does Everyone Assume...

...that every team that plays the Steelers is going to play poorly?

Just because the Chiefs are 1-7, they, somehow, aren't going to try their best to win the game?

Is it coincidence that the Chiefs played their best football against Pittsburgh, Baltimore and New Orleans?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    ...that every team that plays the Steelers is going to play poorly?

Just because the Chiefs are 1-7, they, somehow, aren't going to try their best to win the game?

Is it coincidence that the Chiefs played their best football against Pittsburgh, Baltimore and New Orleans?
    If you watched the game at all you saw why the Chiefs are 1-7 and it isn't a lack of talent.

Turnovers - Although they were cleane throughout the game the interception iced the game for the Steelers and set the Chief at 30 for the season or 3.33 turnovers per game. You won't win in the NFL doing that

Mental mistakes - Drops on key 3rd downs, penalties to keep Steeler drives alive or put them in a 3rd and longer rather than a 3rd ans short.

Special teams - the kickoff out of bounds and then the kick return that was bobbled and put them in poor startgin field position led to 10 Steeler points.

This is the NFL and the difference between 1-8 and 6-3 is miniscule and typically its mental toughness that makes the difference.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

San Diego beat this team 31 -13 a week ago. They are 1-7 for a reason - They are not good. Matt Cassell is not a starting QB in this league (or shouldn't be). Steelers should have handeld this game better than they did. O came out looking terrible and really never got better (a lot of that is b/c Ben went out). Looked indifferent for a good bit of the game. They got a W b/c KC is so terrible and couldn't get oou of their own way. Thank goodness.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    If you watched the game at all you saw why the Chiefs are 1-7 and it isn't a lack of talent.

Turnovers - Although they were cleane throughout the game the interception iced the game for the Steelers and set the Chief at 30 for the season or 3.33 turnovers per game. You won't win in the NFL doing that

Mental mistakes - Drops on key 3rd downs, penalties to keep Steeler drives alive or put them in a 3rd and longer rather than a 3rd ans short.

Special teams - the kickoff out of bounds and then the kick return that was bobbled and put them in poor startgin field position led to 10 Steeler points.

This is the NFL and the difference between 1-8 and 6-3 is miniscule and typically its mental toughness that makes the difference.

Pappy
    Once again I agree with you. All teams have the talent to compete in the league.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    San Diego beat this team 31 -13 a week ago. They are 1-7 for a reason - They are not good. Matt Cassell is not a starting QB in this league (or shouldn't be). Steelers should have handeld this game better than they did. O came out looking terrible and really never got better (a lot of that is b/c Ben went out). Looked indifferent for a good bit of the game. They got a W b/c KC is so terrible and couldn't get oou of their own way. Thank goodness.
    If this is true, then why can't any team overlook any other team in the NFL? Why is the axiom "any given Sunday"?

Because every single team has the talent to compete...period...

If the Steelers aren't as good as their 6-3 record, the Chiefs certainly aren't as bad as their 1-8 record...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Rats beat them 9-6 at least the Steelers got a TD against them

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree with all the above. Don't forget however the weather. It neutralized much of our offense and helped even the field.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I agree with all the above. Don't forget however the weather. It neutralized much of our offense and helped even the field.
    I was there last night, the weather was ugly most of the game.

Backup

User Info Menu

At the beginning of the season KC was picked to win the AFC west by alot of folks. Every game is a battle in the NFL. We got a win and that's all that was needed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Once again I agree with you. All teams have the talent to compete in the league.

i agree with this statement.
    i just want to know why is it that the steelers are the ones who routinely let these 'any given sunday' teams the chance to do it.