Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice gets a joke of a suspension

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    no man has the right to ever hit a woman once, let alone a 2nd or 3rd time.

I have a teenage daughter. if I ever catch her smoking a joint with a guy I will call his parents. if I ever find out a guy hit my daughter, I am calling the police.

Hawaiian, I agree. And hopefully if your Daughter ever is Involved with someone, and he hits her that first time, regardless of the legal outcome, I hope she has the common sense to ditch him. But, if she doesn't. If she chooses to believe that he will never do it again...and he does, then she can no longer call herself a victim can she ?

And as for smoking a joint, or drinking alcolhol, it's still the same thing IF they get behind the steering wheel of a car....they BOTH are Intoxicated, and are basically shooting a gun at people. And that is a bigger problem in society my friend.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

interesting thread and many good viewpoints from all sides.

for me however, it's rather simple.

If you're with a woman who hits you in anger - you got the wrong woman. move along.

if you punch a woman for any reason - it's not a mistake, it's a crime.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post

if a player takes a supplement that he didn’t know was on the banned PED list, it costs him four games for the first offense. Colts defensive end Robert Mathis, who tested positive for a fertility drug he was taking to help get his wife pregnant gets a 4-game suspension, but Ray Rice who knocked his fiancee unconscious and then dragged her on the floor from the elevator gets only 2 games?

Roger Goodell had an opportunity to show everyone that domestic violence will not be tolerated, but instead he failed miserably.

Backup

User Info Menu

If you're with a woman who hits you in anger - you got the wrong woman. move along.

Sir, I hit a woman before. In fact, I kicked her in her ribs, breaking 6 of them, and I also hit her in the face. The kick also ruptured her spleen.....and I wasn't arrested....so, what I did, was that a crime ?

Legend

User Info Menu

if a player takes a supplement that he didn’t know was on the banned PED list, it costs him four games for the first offense. Colts defensive end Robert Mathis, who tested positive for a fertility drug he was taking to help get his wife pregnant gets a 4-game suspension, but Ray Rice who knocked his fiancee unconscious and then dragged her on the floor from the elevator gets only 2 games?

Roger Goodell had an opportunity to show everyone that domestic violence will not be tolerated, but instead he failed miserably.
    Again, he's either incredibly incompetent, or he's trying to destroy the NFL. Either way, he needs to go.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Sir, I hit a woman before. In fact, I kicked her in her ribs, breaking 6 of them, and I also hit her in the face. The kick also ruptured her spleen.....and I wasn't arrested....so, what I did, was that a crime ?
    What was she doing, trying to murder you? Did she have a weapon on you? It's hard to envision many scenarios where you would have to do what you did...so please, enlighten us.

I hope you're not one of those low-life scums that beats his wife/girlfriend.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post

total set up question. Clearly you have some additional 'facts' to pounce with.

i'm guessing you were competing in some sort of martial art sparring.

but if you are a man, and you engaged in a fight with a woman, outside of structured setting where the purpose WAS to fight, and your anger led you to hit her and ultimately injure her in the manner you describe - well, your future would be brighter if I wasn't on your jury.......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

no man has the right to ever hit a woman once, let alone a 2nd or 3rd time.

if I ever find out a guy hit my daughter, I am calling the police......
    .......To turn MYSELF IN for what just happened to the guy

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Agree completely.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This story has gravitated off the sports pages and into the nightly cable news shows. Goodell is catching holy hell from very angry women. I don't think they'll be appeased by Breast Cancer Month. I love to see Goodell step in it.