Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Do the Steelers have the best overall RB unit?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Hes not going to have the big highlights like Peterson, Mccoy, and Charles because hes just not that fast or shifty. But he is versatile and if he can be a guy that is just a nightmare to stop, thats fine with me.

Its demoralizing if you are the defense and no matter what you do a guy like bell (and blount) get 5 yards per play on you. Wont see many 80 yard runs, but could very well see some real ground production and guys that can wear down a defense which has just been completely missing for a few years now
    300 carries at 4.5 yards a pop is 1,350 yards. If he stays healthy that is very realistic. 60 catches at 9 yards a pop is 540 yards...for a grand total of 1890 yards. That would be a really nice season. My main concern about Bell isn't his talent it's his durability. I want to see him get through a full season without any major downtime.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

When he was robbed of the TD because of his helmet popping off i thought he was done for. Very encouraging that he came back the next week.

Hopefully the foot was a freak injury

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah like I said 2000 yards all purpose is not out of the realm of possibility. That puts Bell into that elite category...even if he doesn't have a cool nickname like "Shady"
    Le'Veon is a Chocolate Diamond.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The chocolate diamond....it makes sense to me

Legend

User Info Menu

What I am saying is that you are not comparing apples to apples.
    Because of the line? The Eagles have had issues on and off with their offensive line. Chiefs were good last year but have had line issues in the past. There is also the issue of a running back making a line look better/worse. What may look like awful blocking can look better if a RB chooses a different hole.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Because of the line? The Eagles have had issues on and off with their offensive line. Chiefs were good last year but have had line issues in the past. There is also the issue of a running back making a line look better/worse. What may look like awful blocking can look better if a RB chooses a different hole.
    If you say so. The run blocking the first half of last season was some of the worst I have ever seen. It did get better towards the end of the season. How many yards do you want Bell to get this season to start considering him a top 5 back?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

How many yards do you want Bell to get this season to start considering him a top 5 back?
    I'll go with top 5 yardage, but that's just me.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Bell gets some blocking this year, he will change games.
    I hope so... I think he is going to be a good back for us but I don't see flashes that would suggest he is going to be a top 5 RB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'll go with top 5 yardage, but that's just me.
    1267 would have gotten him that last year. I think that is well within reach.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Tomlin excited for running attack

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...3-0209d1a18aed[/URL]